View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #50
kbok

My Ride: 2005 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by umermariner View Post
All right guys,
I finally did it last Friday, when it was nice weather (touched 59F). It was easier than I thought. I didn't take out the coolant, or the shield from the bottom. Just took out the fan, and replaced the thermostat. Then added the coolant (I think I dropped about half a quart). I was not able to lift the front end up for taking the air out, but I turned on the heat at max and fan lowest as described. I do not think there is any air left in there though, as it works perfect now. It was really east, I did this and the window regulator change in about 2 hours .
Let me know if anyone has questions.
Take care.
congrats!

Just to be safe you might want to check the coolant level a couple times in the next few days, in case 1) small air pockets getting worked out, or 2) leak introduced.

Not removing the splash guard under the car just makes it more difficult to catch the coolant that gets out when you disconnect the hoses. Not that I would re-use it, but just for containing the spill/mess. Its not a good thing to put in storm drains and is sweet smelling/tasting but poisonous for pets.
kbok is offline   Reply With Quote