View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #480
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyIsle View Post
I know this is a picture thread .. but Im guessing many people are coming here to research purchase. So let me tell you ... I also ordered recently. Shipped super fast!! I was gonna wait until the week after to install them but I got them by week end and had them up and running in 2 hours on friday.

That's good

1- no instructions included in the box. Not even a "go to this web address for instructions"!! no problem really, bc the instructions you can find on this forum or even better than umnitza's. I referred to both during install

We've been discussing this recently, didn't want to kill more trees with it, but point well made/taken.

2- the rings do not clear the beauty trim inside my 02 sedan facelift's headlight. In the instructions it says "its fine to leave the trim loose (not snapping it in)" but that doesnt sound like a plug and play installation to me ... and even when I tried that .. it still didnt clear the beauty trim. I had to cut off a small bit of the trim in the upper outside corner so they didn't interfer with the adaptive headlights. I would not tolerate any rubbing

Hmmm, this is weird, all the cars we've installed here don't have this issue. Perhaps it's an issue with the lights or how the beauty trim is. Lots of variations. The "leave trim loose" is actually for the mycarr based clips. If you aren't afraid of breaking our clips (which you can't really do) then try pushing them in ALL the way as far as they go.

3- I kinda hoped they woudl sit more flush against the headlight (it doesnt stand up 100% vertically like it should.. they are all very slightly angled out) but thats only noticeable when the headlight is still apart. So no big deal.

This should be remedied (if you want to check it out again) by pushing the ring all the way in off the clips, they will angel straight up and down.

4- The power spliter devices are not sealed from the weather! Nor are any of the wires coming off the circuit board reinforced to protect against pulling or corrosion. Its apparent there are tiny heatsinks on this board .. but I would have liked to see it be weather proof. This is a serious weakness over the long term, espcially in teh engine bay.

Good point. We've been trying to figure out a better way. Given how small they are, we have been mounting them inside the headlights and letting the wires only peak through. Give that a try and let me know if it works for you.

Besides these points , the install went super-smoothly.

I would post my photos but they absolutely came out horrible. Its very hard to capture the effect in a photo. And it definitely varies whether its dark or light on, if your headlights or DRLs are on/off. So, you really do have ot see it in person to understand how they look. And that would be, "awesome"
Yep, try taking them during the day. They will come out a lot better.

Thank you for your review. Much appreciated