View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
Autobot325i

My Ride: 2003 325i E46
Send a message via AIM to Autobot325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrosseguy017 View Post
tomorrow, saturday, i'm going to start and hopefully finish the ebay header install for my car and i was just wondering if anyone had any last words of advice to offer up before i get too involved and remember that i should have just asked you all.

so any advice?
any really would be great.

i've already been told to get my hands on OEM gaskets before install so i have the correct ones but clarity was never brought to my question about that. my question was, I received gaskets with the headers, so are these the ones i need or are you all saying that these will be worthless and that i need to get factory gastkets?

thanks in advance.

make sure you have various size 11mm sockets long and short..different range of extensions.
have a 11mm open & closed socket

each bolt requires a different style...to get that damn thing off

i've done ebay headers 3 times already. and I learned that all nuts can be accessed from the bottom, no need to remove any from the top of the engine bay. so no need to take off the secondary air pump.

make sure you have a small price of wood to jack the engine up so you can remove the engine mount. distribute the load so the jack is not digging into the engine.

lossen up the exhaust so it has room to move back when taking off the oem headers.

thats pretty much the pointers i can give you...just finised one last night for another fanatic

also if you can get shorter bolts for the header end to exhasut...do so, i personally think the ones it ships with is wayyy to long.

Last edited by Autobot325i; 03-06-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Autobot325i is offline   Reply With Quote