View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #26
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
I think I've caught hints of this argument in this thread, but one pro-gun argument that I fail to understand is the, "if everyone had guns, gun related crime would lessen."
"A well armed society is a polite society. - Robert A. Heinlein

You don't understand it because you are not considering it from the viewpoint of someone who wishes to do harm to another person.

Quote:
Our country went through a time period like that, remember the "Wild, Wild, West?" No thanks.
A well armed populous does not necessarily equal marshal law.

But further, the police are not your friends - they are not required to protect you. That wording on their cars is nonsense. And if you do trust them, when seconds matter, the police are only minutes away.

Nobody cares about your personal protection like you do. If you are okay with taking your chances with the police, that's fine. Just don't infringe my ability to protect myself.

Quote:
As opposed to what the sensationalized media shows, the majority of people don't flip out when a tornado comes to town and they start looting or killing people. I was here when hurricane Katrina came to town, you know what happened? I got the fcuk out, just as most normal people did. Riots? I'd get the fcuk out. Terrorist attack? How many people started knocking off fellow Americans in NYC when the Towers fell?

I live in a world free of the fears of apocalyptic events.
Well, there's one very real situation, described below. You might recognize it.

"When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

The government needs to keep its corrupt laws away from law abiding citizens' guns. The government should live in constant fear of the populous - not the other way around. As our declaration of independence showed, the final check and balance to a government's power is the populous' ability to defend itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote