View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #35
stoneweed1
OEM ///Member

My Ride: '01 330xi 200K miles
Door Locks

Here is my issue:
3 yrs ago, I noticed that in colder weather, the key's button would only open the driver's lock and not the other 3 locks in my 330xi sedan. If I drove for a while with the heat on for maybe an hour and the car warmed up well, all four door locks would open sometimes using the button on the key. These Locks always lock using the button on the key.

These past few months the locks rarely unlock using the button on the key however, they will always lock. To enter I have to manually open the door using the key to unlock the door and to open the rest of the doors, I have to get inside and open from the inside of the car using the latch. I lubricated the driver's side door 6 months ago and for 3 months the driver's side door would unlock and worked all the time, even in cold, although not briskly. Now the driver's side door is back to not unlocking.

In summary, all the doors do not unlock using the button on the key. They all lock using the button on the key. If warmed up considerably, they sometimes all will work unlocking using the button on the key. The center console button to unlock the door sometimes will unlock all doors if the car is warm, and will always lock.

So is it time to replace all 4 actuators? Or is it a General Module problem? Thanks

Last edited by stoneweed1; 04-07-2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: additional info
stoneweed1 is offline   Reply With Quote