View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #25
redlin'r

My Ride: (E46) 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by S373N View Post
Let me know how this goes.. I'm considering removing the muffler and running straight pipes back to two Magnaflow 3'' tips. From all the videos I've seen this sounds great I'm just concerned it won't sound great in real life. I don't mind it being loud, I just don't want it to sound like a Honda with a fart can.

Thanks
I am worried about this too. The car is at the shop right now and should be done in the next 1hr or so. I left the small resonator right after the muffler to help alittle with rasp and droan. I think I will be pleased for the little money I paid. As many people say yo uget what you pay for, but I was just looking for a sportier sound and a tiny tiny bit of top end. This car is stock and I only plan on getting an intake later. One day I will do a full exhuast, headers included but this should sound really nice!

I am more worried about how the tips will look since I got dtm round tips from magnaflow. The placement is key becuase if they stick out several inches that will look terrible. I explained to the fabricator location,etc. so I hope he was listening!
redlin'r is offline   Reply With Quote