View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
TiAg2247

My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
Alright, so today I had a hunch my subwoofers' amplifier might be causing some problems. I drove around the block for a couple minutes and boom, the symptoms arose again, the battery light comes on every now and then at random times. I decided to disconnect the ground wire to my aftermarket amplifier and WHA-LA! No more sound cutting out, no more flickering lights and the red Battery light on the cluster never came on once.

I also noticed something else: the power cable for the amplifier connected to the OEM battery showed severe signs of burning. The electrical tape, the terminal, the wiring itself seems to have burned out quite a bit. I reconnected the amplifier system and noticed that if I played around with the power cable, the car's lights would dim in and out and the subs would make popping noises.

I'll take a pic of my actual setup once the camera's battery is charged. In the pic below, the amplifier's power cable is connected to where the WHITE arrow is pointing at. Should it be at the GREEN arrow instead?

What's wrong with my setup?

Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
Cobb STG1+, FMIC, H&R Sport, BMW Perf Style 313

Past:
'04 E55 AMG
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote