Thread: Cop Talk
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #3533
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fres-YES, CA
Posts: 3,745
My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Originally Posted by jason 77 View Post
Hello everyone!

I have been thinking this over for a few days now.......

I have a 1982 honda 100s little motorcycle, I bought it off of a distant relative for a 6 pack of Coors 4-5 years ago. It doesn't run anymore as I have not fired it up in a few years. Just yesterday I got the bug to strip it down and rebuild the little guy. That got me thinking of actually using it for something else than puttering around off road.

I looked it up and it appears to be a model that at one time was deamed "road worthy". The only thing is that I do not have a title, nor does the distant relative who I got it from. I know that all the law enforcement people on here are not in the DMV, but I thought this might be a good place to post this anyways.

Does anyone here know if it would be possible to get this thing registered and be able to drive it on the street? I just want it to go to and from work "5 minutes away" etc.
You can contact your local CHP Office and request a VIN inspection. Once that's done you can register the bike at the DMV.
Go ahead, ask me a question... Check out the CopTalk thread in the California forum

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote