View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 04:04 AM   #34
Luky

My Ride: '08 335i RIP'03 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixzcat View Post
Thanks for the update Luky.

"I get a table 19 F5/F6 which is the Precat 02 sensor preheaters or something."

My table 19 says that F5/F6 is -Secondary air system too low- cyl 1-3/4-6.

Cheers,
Paul
Thank you Paul. You are absolutely correct. I was looking up the error code while driving and must have looked at the wrong page in the booklet. Sometimes I am a moron...

I did a search, found what the issue probably was related to (air pump) and found some good DIY posts and a link to a old BAVAUTO mailer that had a complete step by step trouble shooting guide with pics.

Opened the hood this morning and found two of the three rubber mounts on the air pump were broken, although testing showed that it was working fine. Next I checked the valve on the manifold and found it was not working. I then found that the vacuum line attached to the valve was broken under the O2 sensor plug. So I hit the BMW shop just before the parts desk closed and picked up some new vacuum line ($16 for ~2 foot!). I was going to get the new rubber mounts but they wanted about $19 each! It would have been over $60 just for three new mounts... I said "Screw that!" and went to Home Depot. I bought three M6 x 30mm hex bolts, three stainless " washers, and about 4 inches of 1/2" diameter reinforced hi pressure rubber water hose. I cut the hose up into spacers (3 x 2mm washer and 3 x 14mm spacer) and assembled the blower to the bracket with blue lock-tite. Total cost ~$2. Everything seems to work fine so I just have to wait and see if it throws another CEL code...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fabricated air blower mount.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	312456   Click image for larger version

Name:	fabricated air blower mount 2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	312457  

Last edited by Luky; 04-26-2009 at 04:10 AM.
Luky is offline   Reply With Quote