View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 06:51 AM   #27
Acarder

My Ride: 69' M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrothunderr86 View Post
hmmm, i think i jumped the gun a little b4 my rant i didnt see where he was asking for recomendations. need 2 read better, although i do mean what i said about everyone saying "why" "no dont do that"...

having said that im rolling on 235/19's. i do prefer wider tires for looks but the 235's handle my 330's massive 230-245 hp pretty well. as for making the car feel slow, i came from 17 lb m68 wheels to (im not sayin) lb 19's and i really dont feel much of a differance in ride quality, agility, or speed. im just keepin my eye out for a set of someones stock 16's i can put on there and take it 2 the track... i can have it all. if you r gonna buy rims, i wouldnt recomend 17's unless you were going strictly for performance, 18's for a little of both, 19's more towards looks, and if you are lookin 2 buy 20's i think i can safely assume that you arent going for performance so much. i would recomend a 19 inch because your gas mileage wont suffer as much as with a 20 inch, plus it will be easier to find sizes that wont give you issues. i think a 20 inch might be a lot more likely to rub. BreakMyWallet was rockin 20's on his 323 and his car was totally basass rolling sex. no one jumped down his back for it. you can rock 20's, just make sure u know how b4 you do.
Do you have any pics? I'm tempted to see what it looks like. There are ways to pull off everything I guess, but im going to take a shot in the dark and say they're not chrome dubs . I just think that the fenders are the wrong shape for bigger wheels and trying to find tires that'll fit 20's and fit is too much of a hassle to make your car look worse. I'm going to get 18's myself but to fill it out better im going to run thicker wider tires. My winter 17's are bigger than my friends 18's if you include tires and I think they look better even though they're stock sports ones because hes going thin thin tires. I think that running super thin tires on mediumly sized wheels (17-19) makes them look much too small.
Acarder is offline   Reply With Quote