View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #16
ken@bimmertools
Is NOT A Mechanic

My Ride: E90
You generally have answered your own question. No one has compiled this type of spec collection before (to my knowledge). We did not simply cut and paste a list of specs from another source - because that does not exist. First, we needed to figure out what the most common DIY projects were and assemble the common fasteners from those jobs. Then, we had to research - using three independent sources for accuracy - what specs were involved with that job. Let me repeat - the specs had to be found within descriptions of a particular job. Because there is no master list, and because sources like the TIS cover many models for a specific job, we had to then compile the specs that were E46 specific. To that end, due to the variety WITHIN THE E46 CHASSIS, we had to narrow it down further to E46 Non-M, Non-Xi to be safe - not to mention needing to specify U.S. Spec cars only (there's a difference for Euro models and others).

If there was no work involved with this, you wouldn't be asking for the list - and I wouldn't have created a very successful and popular product. Not everyone wants to dig through a full DIY write up to get a spec - so we did that RESEARCH for you.

Ken

Bimmertools is under new ownership! Please welcome Taylor@bimmertools.com.
Click Here to say hi.
ken@bimmertools is offline   Reply With Quote