View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
guero13tx

My Ride: 2001 330ci Dinan S1
i have a few audio questions(long)

ok first off, i serched and im still confused. with that out the way. i bought my 330ci a few montha ago and it had a few mods already. i posted a question about a phone cord sticking out of my gauge cluster but i didnt have any pics. i do now they are posted below. im sure its for a radar detector so im not too worried about that but there are the pics anyway. what i am wondering about is this.

the car has what looks like an ipod mount with an ipod cord sticking out of it. i dont have an ipod i have a zune. i had no need for the ipod stuff so for the time being i got out one of my old HU that was laying around the house with an AUX plug to play my zune with. i wanna go back to my stock unit because i like that look better but it doset have an AUX hook up or i think it dosent. what i wanna know is what do i buy to get the zune to work on the factory unit? since it has an ipod set up can i some how use that to hook up the zune. i think my HU is too old to actuly do a stright AUX cabel set up like i seen in some of the other post. so what are the steps i take to use my zune on my factory unit and stop wasteing money on audio like i have been? one more thing when i drive my car the audio sems to move from one side of the car to the other. my friend seems to think i need a capasitor( not sure of the spelling) but i thought that was for big set ups. i have an big old pheniox amp and 2 JL 8in woffers with some enclosuers that blend in with the trunk. i had to look twice when i bought it to notice them. besides the sound going from one side to the other it all looks fine so i dont wanna replace anything i dont need to. oh yeah and my last question. about hushmat/dynamat. i get laot of rattle in the back. i think its comeing from the big part that has the bolt on speaker grills. i was thinking about using this stuff on the entire back part. any one done this or have a better idea? ok thats it for now but im sure mor questions will come up. thanks.. and like i said i serched and i still dont know whats going on.

here are pics sorry that they suck but i have a crappy camera

Click image for larger version

Name:	SN200430.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	313985

Name:	SN200431.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	313987

Name:	SN200433.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	313988
the date on the bmw HU is 20-04-2001
guero13tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.