E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Apex acr-8

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  drumsauce 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

I'm in the process of buying new wheel for my ZHP , I currently have 19'' and i want to go back to 18'' (reason are obvious , i guess). Why the apex ? Decent price and lightweight!

"CURRENT SETUP"

I got some question regarding the APEX ACR-8 ,

First one is how is the reliablity of that wheel so far i've read good comments on them. Im planning to use this set of wheels for daily drive and casual track (1-3/year). To they tend to bend or crack?

2nd one since my car is Imola Red which color should I choose , so far im leaning toward the Anthracite.
EXEMPLE OF ANTHRACITE ON IMOLA RED GORGEOUS RIGHT?

3rd I wanna go with a staggered setup , i was first going for a 18x8.5 ET35 (Front) and 18x9.5 ET45 (Rear). BUT I found out that the APEX 18x9.5 ET45 is concave!?!?! Is it going to look discusting if i got a 18x8.5 front with a 18x9.5 concave rear lol?!

Thanks for your help!
Jon.

See less See more
#3 ·
You could call apex for advice.

I assume you're looking in to the ARC-8?

They make it in 18x9.5 ET35, but not 45. It'll look good with concave rear and "flat" wheels up front, however the rear wheel fitment is tough. You may need to run slightly thin tires and/or roll the fenders to get it to work.

I'd go with Hyper Black over Anthracite.

I have heard no complaints regarding the strength of the ARC-8s.

You have a beautiful car! It'll look that much better with the new wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.