E46 Fanatics Forum banner

4-Series caught WITHOUT CAMO! And it is BEAUTIFUL!

33K views 90 replies 56 participants last post by  aikmanson 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
BMW F32 4 series coupe

Although this isn’t the first time we have spied the upcoming 2014 BMW 4 Series, it’s the first time we’ve seen the new car without any camouflage. These spy photos provide our clearest look yet at BMW’s newest two-door, which was previewed as a concept at the Detroit auto show.

The BMW 4 Series is really just the two-door version of the 3 Series sedan, but BMW has moved to even numbers for coupes and convertibles, necessitating the name change. The car was previewed in January as the Concept 4 Series, and very little has changed from that show car.

F32 4-Series caught WITHOUT CAMO - it is BEAUTIFUL

The 4 Series coupe spied here wears the same kidney grille, squinty headlights, and brash taillights with LED strips as its sedan progenitor. The sharp crease that runs from the front to the rear fender and intersects the door handle, as well as the unique scallop vent behind the front wheel, carry over from the concept to this production model. (The vent is called the Air Breather and will improve aerodynamic performance.) The lower fascia of this 4 Series, however, has more pronounced and sportier openings for the foglights than on a standard 3 Series sedan.

A leaked order guide tells us that in the U.S., BMW will offer the new coupe in both 428i and 435i configurations. The former uses a 240-hp, 2.0-liter turbo-four engine, while the 435i gets a 300-hp twin-turbo 3.0-liter inline-six. Rear-wheel drive is standard but xDrive all-wheel-drive models are available. The BMW 4 Series coupe will go into production this July. BMW will also start building a 4 Series convertible in November, although the droptop will only be available with rear-wheel drive when it arrives in America next year.

BMW 435i spied without camo

BMW has yet to announce when it will officially introduce the 4 Series, but we should see it before production begins in July.[/QUOTE]

And for the full gallery: http://wot.motortrend.com/caught-20...es-spied-front-three-quarter-1/#axzz2OIXHSPbn

More pictures at F30Driver.com - http://www.f30driver.com/bmw-f30-photos/29/BMW-F32-4-Series-No-Camo/

I like this SO much better than the 3-Series. The body just flows better in my opinion.

See less See more
#14 ·
Refreshing! I wasn't a GC fan until my understanding of what BMW was trying to do was reframed. If you don't want to do that I totally understand the dislike because I was there. When you hear from people that they would never buy a 5er but would buy a 6GC then BMW did what they were aiming for.

Tim

#18 · (Edited)
I'm by no means a "purist" that says all Porsches must have flat engines and all BMWs must have I6s, but I have been very confused by the recent trend of "four door coupes".

They want to move coupes up market and charge more, so they break the models apart. But they still want people who want four doors to buy the upmarket coupes, so they make coupes with four doors.

And then, instead of meaningful names, they throw random alphanumeric chains at them. I'm still waiting for my 435dis-M-Xdrive-2.5 with active-E

/rant

#26 ·
You need to get your eyes checked. The bodyline on this car is chiseled FAR beyond the simply cadillac angles of audi's new cookie-cutter "sharmp" design. Don't get me wrong, the A5 and a few other of their models are really nice, but you can't touch this design, the angles, the beefy-ness of the hood/side profile.

A5 - straight lines and rectangles that look cool
435i - chiseled, sexy curves, and muscular looking

i'll admit my bias to BMW, but when the e92 335i was put against the A5, i tipped my hat to the A5 all day long. This time around, not even close. Audi has their work cut out for them, along with MB.

#23 ·
Ok so....
3 series = sedan, which has 4 doors.
4 series = coupe , which has 2 doors which evolved From the 3 series.
I think I got it.

I do like the looks of it even though I'm not quite sure how to categorize it since I can't call it a 3 series coupe anymore.

#29 ·
No matter how hard I try.. I just can't seem to get pass those ugly little "aftermarket looking" guppy-gills BMW decided to add to the side fenders.
I truly wished they put a bit more time to design a more integrated look, Or left it off completely.

I'm all for aerodynamics But they can keep those "side Air curtains" to themselves > Just make an even stronger motor to push this 4 series through the air faster!

#42 ·
I'd rock an M4. What's wrong with that? I think the car looks great. I'm not crazy about the large openings around the fogs but I'm sure that will be gone with the M-sport. I don't like the side vents either but I'll live. This is my next car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.