E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Help with led tailights

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  y try 
#1 ·
I had purchased a set of eagle eye led taillights for my 2000 328ci about a month ago and recently when my friend was driving behind me, he had told me that my tailights flicker about every 30 seconds or so.... They flash on and off in like a milllisecond... They happen when the car is on and off so i dont know what the problem is??? Has anyone experienced this or just me???

Thanks in advance...

#2 ·
bump

#5 ·
i just checked on the warranty and expired a week ago..... just my luck... has anyone else experienced this???? like a flash every 30 secs or so???

#6 ·
bump

#8 ·
The car periodically sends out test pulses to test if any of the bulbs are faulty. Normal bulbs do not respond fast enough to flicker but LEDs are faster and they flicker. Can solve this by placing a rather big capacitor to filter them out. If not, then imagine that your car is a plane with the flashing lights.

#10 ·
If thats the case then its no big deal... lol Thanks for the insight...

yea, what sponser did you buy from??? I didnt know they came with anything less than a limited lifetime
I bought it off a seller off ebay and i contacted him and they had a 30 day warranty for the prduct from the manufacturor which has already passed....But if the case is what SubZeroE46 is saying then its not a big deal....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.