E46 Fanatics Forum banner

sub questions

907 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  PfCxM3 
#1 ·
are Pioneer Premier subs any good? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
or should i just get Alpine type r?

#4 ·
TDing525i said:
I would definitely suggest Alpine over Pioneer. Alpine's products are all excellent.
one of the shop that i went to told me that, if a get a alpine type r 12 i would need to get a big box. he told me taht if i get a small box the sub will sound crappy is this true?

#5 ·
PfCxM3 said:

one of the shop that i went to told me that, if a get a alpine type r 12 i would need to get a big box. he told me taht if i get a small box the sub will sound crappy is this true?

Well, subwoofers require a certain amount of space in a box (i.e. 1.5 cubic feet or so) in order to work properly. Get the correctly sized box and you'll be good to go.

#6 ·
I'm currently running 2 12'' typr r's in a pretty small box. how big they talking about? my box is probably about 30'' by 10 or 12''. Also, if you do get these subs, and you have apowerful amp make sure you fuse is 80 amps or more. I had a 60 amp fuse and yor subs will either not sound as powerful as they should, or will just not work alltogether.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.