E46 Fanatics Forum banner

** OFFICIAL THREAD ** Pics of different types of angel eyes installed

474K views 930 replies 257 participants last post by  umnitza 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
and make it a sticky, should reduce a lot of repeated threads...:)

#33 ·
If I install the Preds. on a 01 coupe, will my DRL still work? That would look very odd though won't it, having a yellow-ish DRL surrounded by a nice 6000K ring? I have xenons, but theyre the 4500K OEM ones, but i don't think the DRL is xenon, just normal halogen is it not? Or am I wrong and I just need to swap the bulb for the DRL to 6000K?

Info please! :D

#36 ·
yup =] swap out the H7's with something more matching :hi:, although if you keep the DRL's on, they still won't match well since they run 50%. So maybe get something higher K.

edit: 6000K sounds about good. But not sure if they make halogen bulbs that have that kind of color output?

#39 ·
I don't understand what you mean. Installing angel eyes is such an easy task, and only an elementary scale wiring needed. The $200 kits offer the exact samething as what was installed, 4 rings, 2 inverters, and a relay kit. The way I installed the kit is 100% identical to any other on this site, since we all used the same design SPDT relay. However, the $100 extra IS worth it to unexperienced people in terms of tech support, or those looking for a peace of mind in case a power inverter fries, or a ring cracks. :)
I admire your skills and your ingenuity! :bow: :bow: . I freely admit that parts of our kit are indeed made by the good folks at Mycarr. However, not all of it is made there.

Let me explain the differences that we have them make for us with respect to the parts we buy - the rings.

1) We have them include a good UV coating on ours - yours will fade over time due to sun exposure (as their original kits all seem to do) that's fine for the price, but not for a high end product designed to last a long time.

2) Heat sunk clips, they don't do this for the other kits, because we wanted our customers have have more security on the auto-level - in case they are not properly installed <-- which happens - so yes, it's not that easy but it should be;)

3) Obviously the world exclusive Chrome backing designed to take advantage of all the possible light output. The key here is that the chromium backing will also prevent heat distress on the back of the ring from some of the halogen applications.

Other than that, great work!

wow well done :thumbup:

Personally, I would rather pay the money to buy the kit from Jlevi knowing that you don't have to worry about things not working and they have a lifetime warranty... but then again, I buy extended warranties from stuff at best buy :banghead:
He did mention that. It's a good alternative, just seems like a lot of work.

IMO the Chromium looks the best, but the $200 is a def turn off. However, it is worth the $ if you need the technical support and or for warranty issues later on.
Thank you very much. MC product is good quality, you won't run into issues long term with the rings. You'll more likely have issues with the ballasts (another key difference, we don't use theirs in our kits). We use a cold-weather higher output ballast that gives us a little more "pop" and works better in cold climates, HK not being one of those colder climates;)

#44 ·
Do the titaniums come with the shiny reflectors on the back of the rings like the Chromiums? how about the remote switch, both wireless? Can it be controlled with the keys? From the photos, I think I like the Titaniums more, seems brighter but the Chromiums are crisper, is this because of the photo shot? Can anyone confirm? They both have warranties so its just a matter taste/price correct?
whats the difference between the rapter cwp and titaniums besides price and wiring? The pictures don't really seem much different? http://understeer.com/onlinestore-lighting.shtml

thanks
-p

#46 ·
The titaniums are thicker, have a reflective backing (yes its spray paint - still works fine). The titaniums are hard to take a picture of becauase they put out enough light to wash most CCD's out.

They have a remote kit that taps the interior lights the same way as the chromiums.

I love the titaniums and recommend them highly, but lets not high jack this thread again. If you have any specific questions (I'm not going to comment on someone elses product, I don't sell it so its not my expertise...) about the titaniums I'd be happy to answer them in an e-mail or PM.

#50 · (Edited)
It looks like this thread is really a comparison thing between two options available. I don't have one of those two options and I am not sure if my pic is welcome, as they don't have a cool name like "Unobtanium" or "Costafortunum" but here it is anyway.

They are just called "CCFL Angel Eyes" and I did a DIY silver tape backing mod on them. They are smooth glass tubes (not ribbed for anyone's pleasure) and I bought them on Ebay for the equivalent of about $100USD. They match my 6000K HID xenon kit so I guess they are 6000K. Anyway I like them, so not much more I can say about that.

#54 ·
I didn't post the name of the seller as I am in the UK as is the seller and this forum is primarily frequented by North American owners. But, you are correct, no point posting my lights with no indication of what they are or who they are from.

This is a link to a current auction for the lights I bought. There is no brand name on the box that I could tell, and apparently they are 8,500K not 6,000K as I thought. The seller Teddy is well known in the BMW aftermarket accessories scene over here and is generally very well trusted and known to be an all around good guy.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CCFL-Xenon-Colour-Angel-Eyes-BMW-UK-Powerseller_W0QQitemZ180029933242QQihZ008QQcategoryZ10374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

#56 ·
hi everyone, so i just got an m3 which i have been saving for / pining away for for years and really want to upgrade my lamps. original owner didnt get oem xenons so my setup is pretty crap right now. are there special concerns with fitting the projector46 setup on non-xenon m3s?

it looks like the projector46 6000k's are the way to go, especially if you like the more blue look. does anyone know where to get blue LEDs corner bulbs? i saw some on an m3 the other day and they were sick.

thanks so much for your help... i want to get this installed fast... cant take it anymore!!! :)

#61 ·
predator chromiums from umnitza with cold weather ballasts pictured in sig below. broad daylight, about 20 yards away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.