E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Alcon 4 Wheel BBK Installed Pics!!

8K views 49 replies 38 participants last post by  nolocontendere 
#1 ·
After extensively reviewing the options and wanting a BBK from the day I bought the car, I finally pulled the trigger on the 4 wheel Alcon kit. I can honestly say that I have done quite a few mods to my car and my expectations were very high with respect to this kit, and this kit in aesthetics alone has far exceeded my expectations. The pictures don't do it justice. You need to see them in person. They look outrageous. The silver/black combination just oozes class like the brakes on an AMG car. No gaudy flashy in your face colors needed. Note that the aggressive slotting pattern looks better than cross drilled but yet performs better than cross drilled and traditional slotting on the track. Frankly, I haven't tracked them yet (I have two events in september), but if the feel on the street in any indicator I am going to be amazed.

The front rotors are 365mm and still fit under on 18" rim. Note that the calipers are true monobloc calipers and have much more clearance then anything else on the market--look at the picture of the clearance on the front wheel--those are CSL reps WITHOUT spacers--look how much clearence there is! Neither Brembo nor Stoptech will clear without spacers. Also note that notwithstanding the size these are still significantly lighter than the stock brakes.

Oh, and these can be had for no more than a Brembo kit--there is a common misperception that you have to spend $7K for this performance.

Finally, while these are distributed in the USA by Stasis Engineering, these are authentic Alcon brakes straight out of the UK. I can post pics of the packaging from Alcon if anyone is interested.

I will report more when I get my track tires mounted to my 18" track wheels so you can see the clearance on 18". I also will report back once I hit the track.

See less See more
#33 ·
Caliper looks great. Which version of the Mono6 is that? Is that the more affordable street version cast from 6061 aluminum and with rubber dust boots, or the original Alcon Racing version cast from 7075 alloy and no dust boots? any idea of the pad selection? Specifically, does PF or Hawk have any reference for them?

Lee

#50 ·
That packaging and rotor hats are completely different than mine. Don't even think the rotors are the same. I'm about to get a new set of rotor rings so I can check once I get the new ones whether the design has been changed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.