E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#12,085 ·
So you polished your knob?
no not quite. Originally the clear coat on the wood was starting to get hazy and have small cracks, so I sanded it down and painted it blue. The interior looked great with color matched Orient blue interior trim. The knob started to show signs of age/cracks again so I sanded it down and cleared the wood.

all of that = refinished
not polished. (but I see what you were getting at)

before:

after:

#12,087 ·
Pics pics pics..!!!
Couldnt get nay pics, but it is crushed, cracked, splitting. It did not do any damage to the plastice that hold sit on. I know the VCSL front bumper is differnet from other CSL front bumpers, bu tthe fitment cant be far off if I went with an EBAY 2 piece. I just need somehting to replace it and im not paying $500-$700 for a real vorsteiner 1 or 2 piece.

#12,089 ·
#12,094 ·
Just because they are <$1k doesn't make them "generic". I've had them, I've also had a lot better and worse. To be honest, for the money, I preferred my race lands over the D2's. To each his own.

#12,099 ·
I think my car is using too much fuel.

Took it to the dealership to check out some noise with the steering column, it was averaging 12-13L/100km when it entered. Now after two weeks being returned and monitoring, it's shot up to figures of 14-17L/100km. The last tank was filled 60L and I got around 400km from that.

Fuel is BP Ultimate (RON 98).

Where do I begin to diagnose the problem?

On top of that - sometimes in the morning, I'll start her up, and there'll be an indicator with a cog and exclamation mark in the middle. If I try to change gear from park to drive, there'll be a sudden jolt. I then just turn her off and start her again and the indicator usually go away, and the jolt goes away too. I looked up the owners manual and it says to take it your BMW dealer - not very helpful. Also lately, I've noticed I just get no power from idle and seems unresponsive, but after 10mins since starting this problem will go away too.

Help me diagnose please. I'm trying to read up on the various DIY and I'm thinking along the lines of thermostat, vanos seals..?