E46 Fanatics Forum banner

help with indash dvd install

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BIGCU 
#1 ·
I got an 01 M3 and I can't get my harness and rca's tucked away properly....any suggestions?

thanks

#2 ·
are you still using the black plastic harness thing? im not sure how you mounted yours, but i noticed that the top part of that black plastic piece was utterly useless, so i cut it off. after doing that, there is a lot of space on top of the radio for wires and such.

#3 ·
To get some more room

With the radio removed, you can remove the A/C control panel by pushing it out from the back, then unscrew the four screws that hold in the carrier frame that supports the radio and the A/C control panel. Pop out the A/C duct on the dash and pull the carrier frame out. You can then route the audio cables and connections so they are behind the carrier which will give you more room. Then re-install everything in reverse order. I recently installed a single DIN in-dash NAVI/DVD and doing it this way gives much more room.

Hope this helps.

#4 ·
For me, I remove the glovebox and pushed the BMW radio connector back through the hole from whence it came. It fits - just - after all, it was installed in that manor. Then I ziptie the RCS's to the aftermarket headunit power harness, and as I slide the HU back, I draw the harness and RCAs into the glovebox area. This is a RHD car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.