E46 Fanatics Forum banner

xenon bulb out?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  2000_328CI 
#1 · (Edited)
so installed my dde's a little less than a week ago... and tonight, after i filled up gas.... i realized that my right oem projector [xenon hid] was out.... i was wondering if i messed up wiring somehow or if these 2 have any relation to each other? or if it just went out? maybe i could do something so the light turns back on? haha.. if so.. what can i do? if not.. where can i get the bulbs if they are bulbs.. i dont know much about xenons so i dont know if they have bulbs or what.. but can anyone give me some insight on what maybe happened and/or solutions to my current dilemma? thanks..

#3 ·
Bulbs do burn out from time to time, but you might want to check the connection first just to be sure that it's not a simple fix. We sell replacement 6000k and 8000k xenon headlight bulbs here if you need a replacement pair and want to change the color to match up with your halos :) :

http://www.modbargains.com/product.asp?pf_id=bmw-e46-light001

#4 ·
is there a common problem associated with this? cause you said "make sure it's not a simple fix".. what should i look for? and what common problems could there be? if i pull out the bulb how can i tell if it's blown or not? i dont know much about the assembly of these things, nor do i know much about them.. any input guys? thanks! :bawling:

#6 ·
A xenon headlight failure could be attributed to a multitude of problems. The best thing to do is narrow it down to either the bulb or ballast. Swap the bulbs from one side to the other to see if the problem switches sides. If so your bulb is out. If not, you may have a bad ballast or even a connections issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.