E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Tarmac's 2nd M3...

54K views 393 replies 36 participants last post by  flipm3 
#1 · (Edited)
New pics on post #70
------------------------------------------------------
Technically anyway...

Long story short:
I bought a 1995 M3 back in late June, my girlfriend liked it, needed a more reliable car than hers (it was basically done); so we came to the conclusion on Sunday, Aug 14th that she would take it... and I would get a 2003 Ti Silver M3 (SMG). Good thing I was already lining up some cars to purchase... I bought it Aug 15th! I love manual cars, but since I've been injured (left leg of course), I haven't been able to drive a manual trans for awhile. Then came the need for an SMG... Best of both worlds!

Most recent, with the new ModBargins CF GTR hood, CF CSL trunk, Matte Black Kidney grills and Matte Black side grills:

First day with the new tint.

3rd day with the car.

1st day with the car.

My other car...

JK! :D

My girlfriends M3 ;)

See less See more
#388 ·
It works, trust me. That's why I went with it. I talked to shops, people running big power (meaning if they can, my engine won't have an issue), guys who track and DD their car, guys who only track...

I did a LOT of research and questioning. Ideally, a shroud would be best, but plenty run it without and are fine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Bimmer App

#391 ·
I had actually bought apex wheels. Ended up selling them since I was parked on the street in la a lot (didn't want them stolen or scratched by accident). Then once I was out of the area... They were alreay sold, so I never bought a new set.

So I just rock Oem wheels for now. I did figure though, running apex wheels with PSS' tires (275 square) would drop around 45ish lbs.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Bimmer App

#392 ·
Update on my car. I know some of you hate what I'm doing... but it's all good. For those that enjoy it, I think you'll like this update.
----------------------------------------------------

Still waiting for the rest of the Works Bell stuff to come in.

So...

In the mean time I'm getting some stuff done by Andrew Lang of Lang Racing development. (Langracing.com).

Very cool guy, flexible, loves working on cars and best of all... does it for fun. He does it part time just because he has the skills to offer to people.. and for a reasonable price.

He does custom work, mostly, and will adapt to what you want. As we all know, I'm pretty hardcore on how I want my car. Well, I sent him an email late last week and we chatted it up. Long story short, he is installing rear side lexan and rear lexan windows. Now, he's not just making it like a race car... I told him I DD the car. So he said he would replace an OEM trim to keep leaks out and do a few extra things to make sure the windows stay secure with regular driving. On top of that, he will be painting the inside of the windows to give them an "OEM" look. (He actually mentioned how he's been wanting to do this exact same thing to his DD Porsche :D )

Then, a few days ago I threw an idea out there.. and he was down. I'll be getting my rear strut bar/upper subframe reinforcement bars welded in as well. For a pretty bad ass price. yes, it's adding a bit of weight, but my rear end will be about as solid as it gets without a full or half cage. He'll be using chromoly .083" thick pipes with TIG weld.. he only does TIG welds, by the way. Similar to this:

If anyone needs some custom work done and you're in SD, OC or LA... he's definitely worth the trip. As far as I know, he's only one man right now, but he's trying to build his name! I already like the guy and the only work I've seen is on his race cars. Them shits is legit! haha.

He said he'll be taking pics throughout the process so I can see (and share) how it all went down.

Anyways... standby for an update with pics by mid/end of next week. I can't wait!

(PS windows should drop about 25 lbs and I'm expecting the reinforcement to add around 15-20. So I'll drop a few lbs, but I'll have less weight higher in the car. Works for me :) )

#394 ·
No way?!?! You just finished up some of the best and most insane modifications and now you have to let it go?! :(

Either way, there are always other priorities so hopefully everything works out for the better! I wish you the best man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.