E46 Fanatics Forum banner

What color should i paint these rims

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  777eThOd* 
#1 ·
I want to plasti dip/ powdercoat my rims. Which would be better? Because my car is a rare red i was thinking maybe white. What do you guys think ?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bmw Personal luxury car

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
Elite, your car is beautiful... Great color.

Leave your wheel color alone for now.

Get some lowering springs, maybe HR Sport... and wheel spacers (maybe 12- 15mm... )
Done right, by the time your done with that... You will appreciate your wheels more. That will give a lower, wider, more aggressive stance.

While you are enjoying that for a while....
if you want to get more aggressive with wheels, save some money and fork over the money for a quality set.

Don't color your stock wheels.... It will look cheap and obvious.

777e got away with it, (mostly with the bronze color)because those are larger, sport M3 wheels, the car is lowered and wheels are aggressively pushed out to the edge of the fenders.

Blood Red's wheels look like 19x9-10 very expensive DPE's, car is slammed, probably as no chrome on it & clear or smoked corners... It a very aggressive set up that lends itself to the black wheels

Domcreates sig pic looks good though... But note the car is lowered, wheels are probably spaced and the style he has going pulls It off, also that it is a black car and the wheel spoke pattern is sporty and he removed the center caps

#11 ·
My wheels are Linea Corse Dyna's. bimmer4lyfe pretty much got my car spot on. I would follow his advice and leave the OEM finish on the wheels. Although, OP is probably looking for a cheap change in the appearance of his car. We share the same color, and I find myself trying to think of what would look good besides black sometimes.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#13 ·
I appreciate all of the help guys yu def seem like ya know what ya talkin bout ...i have the money to invest but like i said its my first bimmer nd i wanna look at all the options for moding it ...i really want those looks wen i pass ppl ..which i already get but it being more moded will def get the looks i want ...what should i do wit the headlights should i get black ones or clear ones or wat ..again sorry for the ignorance lol

#15 ·
First things first! Maintenance! Make sure you have the car running great and how it should! But anyways,
I would def. start with led tails, clear/led corners, and get some xenon/halo headlights, def. tint.

#14 ·
Do what you think looks good man, take people's opinions into consideration but don't build someone else's car. If you've got money to invest but not that much i would suggest changing your corner lights and throwing some angel eyes in there. If you want to do wheels/ suspension/ stance i would say you get some coilovers on her and maybe some spacers. If you really want to paint your wheels go with plasti dip, if you don't like it peel it off. If you do then you can powder coat later on. The most ideal thing would be to save up enough to buy coilovers or lowering springs and wheels in one bang so you're car doesn't look funky without either haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.