E46 Fanatics Forum banner
229K views 4K replies 86 participants last post by  M3revspeed 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, just trying to gauge how much interest there would be in a chaat meet in the San Jose area.

For those of you who've never had chaat, it's an Indian snack/appetizer that comes in a lot of varieties -- something for everyone. :drool:

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaat :
The chaat variants are all based on fried dough, with various other ingredients. The original chaat is a mixture of potato pieces, crispy fried bread, gram bean and spices, but other popular variants included Aloo Tikkis (garnished with onion, coriander, hot spices and a dash of curd), bhel puri, dahi puri, panipuri, dahi vada, papdi chaat, and sev puri. There are common elements among these variants including dahi, or yogurt; chopped onions and coriander; sev (small dried yellow noodles); and chaat masala. This is a masala, or spice mix, typically consisting of amchoor (dried mango powder), cumin, black salt, coriander, dried ginger, salt, black pepper, and red pepper. The ingredients are combined and served on a small metal plate or a banana leaf, dried and formed into a bowl.
Post if you're down! :D

Edit: Oh and TKC had the same thread title idea, so he gets some credit for that. :rofl:

#15 ·
#25 ·
lol, we just got some a few days ago. would this be at the same place or different place? but most likely i'm down for some mango lassi.
I'm cool with either. It might be worthwhile to try one of the other places.

#31 ·
Yup! Chaat is mostly TKC-safe. :rofl:

#34 ·
^That's what I meant, haha. :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.