E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Fault codes P2240, P0171, and P0174

10K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  a32axo 
#1 ·
New member. I have an 04 330ci w/ 90k miles. Threw above codes. I replaced 02 sensors bfore cat. Code still there. Slight smell?? Any ideas?
Thanks
Paul
PS foolish question....does car have to be off to reset code?

#2 ·
Check for vacuum leaks in all vacuum hoses an especially the intake boots. If they look old you should just replace them. They are cheap. And no the car doesn't have to be off ... But then again my car is never on when I read codes

#10 ·
I've had P0171 and P0174 for a year lol, I've changed out so much Sh*t that I just stopped lol. I ordered a new MAF Sensor and that didn't get rid of it and I ordered a new Intake boot but I haven't installed it. Tell me How this goes, btw Welcome..:hi:

#17 ·
New twist. Drove car 35 miles. (car has been idling rough) Went to lunch and at start up the low coolant indicator came on. I put approx 1pint in radiator after allowing 5 hrs to cool. Drove back 35 miles. towards end of drive, a "smell" was coming through ac vents. Got home and lifted hood. Smells like coolant. No easily recognizable leaks or mist.:banghead:

#18 ·
Welcome to my world, where the CEL is always on 24/7 cause of P0171 and P0174 and the low coolant lights up every morning and sometimes afternoon. I'm already used to it lol..

#19 ·
These cars are very sensitive!!!! Lol. At least it has me learning how to be a mechanic. Never touch under a good of a car before.

So far, change differential oil, coolant flush with thermostat change, expansion tank and hoses, intake boots, cleaned icv, replaced disa. Next is ofhg, spark plugs, vanos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.