E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Snapshot of The Day

1M views 3K replies 1K participants last post by  BLAMM0 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Snapshot of the Day

:Official: - Snapshot of The Day Thread
In here you can show off your photography skills and see the differences between Digital Camera's and peoples settings.

Have fun.

Thanks to 328iGuy

#180 ·
espinoza_e46 said:
Hi doughsun!

For the fly shot I used the 10D with the 100-400L lens in combination with 2 macro rings (and the 550ex flash for the light). Here is how the equipment does look like:

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Are you a professional??? You know what kind of mods I can get with your equipment right there???

Anyhow, I'm jealous :tongue: Wish I had that equipment :sad: Let me know if you want to sell the lense :D

#182 ·
tabasco said:

1) One can never have TOO much $$$$$! Its just not possible!

2) That camera setup is awasome!

jason
Seriously!!! Im GUESSING that there is around 10K right there!! Beautiful man! BTW im getting a Canon 300D, and I liked the panoramic shot of the ocean, what type of lense did you use for that?

#185 ·
Dubin92660 said:

Seriously!!! Im GUESSING that there is around 10K right there!! Beautiful man! BTW im getting a Canon 300D, and I liked the panoramic shot of the ocean, what type of lense did you use for that?

Yeap, you're right... The whole equipment costs over 10K EUROs... But I think it's worth every penny! ;)

The panoramic shot of the ocean was done using a prime lens (20mm / F1.8) in combination with a panoramic head from manfrotto... Then I stiched the pictures using "Panorama Tools"... IMO this is the best method to get best results (but not the fastest)...

Here is another 360° panorma (Algarve / Portugal):
<center>
<APPLET name="ptviewer" archive="http://www.canon-digital.com/fotos/virtual_view/viewer.jar" code="ptviewer.class" width=600 height=300 mayscript=true>
******** language="JavaScript">
if (navigator.appName != "Netscape") document.writeln('<PARAM name=maxarray value="40000000">');
</********
<PARAM name=file value="http://www.canon-digital.com/fotos/virtual_view/img_9219_360.jpg">
<PARAM name=bgcolor value="D0D0D0">
<PARAM name=pan value=-50>
<PARAM name=tilt value=3>
<PARAM name=fov value=110>
<PARAM name=fovmax value=110>
<PARAM name=fovmin value=50>
<PARAM name=auto value=0.2>
</APPLET><br>(You can change the point of view by moving the mouse with pressed left button)<br><br>

</center>

There are more panorama pictures on my site: www.Canon-Digital.com