E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Carbon Project Belgium

982K views 2K replies 456 participants last post by  robolop 
#1 ·
Friend of mine is very handy with Carbon Fibre.
Don't know him too well, but what i've seen, he's amazing with CF...

now that he bought an E46 Coupé, I'd like to share it with you guys.

pic of the car:

See less See more
#497 ·
#494 ·
that's also a way to look at it... In the first place i wanted to have something special.
A BBK cost around 7000$ in Belgium, and that's not the ammount i'd like to spend.

The biggest problem is that in Belgium, once a year, all cars need to visit a technical station (from the governement), and these guys really don't approve "aftermarket" brakes.
And, when you get in an accident with your "not standard" car, the insurance will refuse to pay for the damage.

:read::read::read::read::read:

#499 ·
came out even better than I expected... good work...

#500 ·
i think this guy owns stock in mdf board and carbon fiber / kevlar. that stuff aint cheap!

amazing job man. i've been eagerly following this thread all day today! its really nice to know that you've measured twice before you cut on this entire job. extremely high level of detail and impeccable work:bow:

#502 ·
I'm not a shopowner or something like that. I'm just a "DIY'er" whithout special tools or machinery. But if you reed some of my first post, you understand.
The alloy ring mounted on top of the subbox is made with a regular uppermill.

KEEP IT SIMPLE.
:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

#513 ·
The subject "brake pimping" is now closed. :russ::russ::russ:
All i have to do now is chose the nicest looking boomerangs. :hmm::hmm::hmm:
I'm happy about the result after all that labour. :excited::excited::excited:
Most of you would prefer big Brembo's, but i don't have the budget for that. :bawling::bawling::bawling:
What i did now is more than enough for me, and i find it very special. :bow:
Now i'll be moving on to the next phase: the ICE in the trunk. :banghead::banghead:
Concening the outside of the car: i'm going to have my roof and chome parts around the windows painted black. I'm also planning to have the windows tinted. :boink::boink:

#519 ·
I WILL DO DUDE:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Those mirrors are high on my priority list as well, where did you get them?
And another question did you lose fuctionality? Are they still elictrical adjustable.

And for the boomerangs go with the Silver ones they look the best IMO
KAPAZA

Da*$ that's tight can you teach me how to do a CF warp buddy???i been looking around to see any store will do custom CF wrap in Atlanta Ga..does anybody know any store in Atlanta please Pm me back thanks a lot guyzz..
Unfortunaly I can't explain all this to you, I something you need to lean "on the job"
But here's a good forum where they explain a lot about working with carbon fibre.
http://www.racingcomposites.net/

:hi::hi::hi::hi::hi::hi:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.