E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Looking for 600hp

10K views 72 replies 32 participants last post by  MachRc 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if there are any kits out there that will make around 600hp to the wheels on the M3. I'm currently deployed in the military and when I get back to the states I plan on upgrading to an M3. However, I would like to get around 600rwhp out of either a supercharger or a turbocharger. I would like to make the gain on pump gas 93 octane. I'm just not sure which kit if any (AA, ESS, VF, etc) would be capable of making that kind of power. I know HPF puts out some crazy vehicles, but they also come with a hefty price tag. I'd like to find something a little less expensive if possible. Any other turbo companies, or superchargers that will make that kind of power? Thanks.

#4 ·
You gotta pay to play...and HPF is the only way to go in my opinion. The customer service and support is 2nd to none. One thing you have to remember is that with increased output and performance there will become a linear (sometimes exponential) increase in price for the product you receive. In addition the costs related to the additional service costs (more oil changes, more sets of tires, brake pads, better rotors). Also remember the added responsibility of having the increase of power on the road and increased risk...you can get speeding tickets alot easier lol. And finally reliability...double the horsepower of anything and you are bound to have a problem sooner or later...and HPF takes very good care of their customers with experienced in house 24/7 phone support. Get your foot in the door on an HPF stage 1 while the deal is still going on...upgrade later. That's my opinion and if money is a little tighter HPF also offers financing with half down so that is an option as well. Nothing wrong either way ;)

As far as other companies products I have heard good things about AA but someone else will chime in I'm sure. No idea about ESS. VF has a bad reputation with the e46 M3 but again no experience on this...the forum has enough posts to make your eyes bleed on this matter. Dinan will break your bank and you won't feel good about it lol. Good luck in your future modding!

#11 ·
HpF is the way to go OP. :) You pay little more now but you get a whole lot more later in customer service/reliability and just straight up help even its something stupid. You can read for yourself that ALL the companies have some issues with their kits(and its Not Always the companies Fault) at some point or another. But look at how each company responded to the problem. I've been reading this forum for a While, and time after time I always HpF being up front about problems they have had and how they are going to fix the problem. And most of the time they do it for free OP. Thats why have chosen to go HpF. So sometimes trying to save money can be a bad thing LoL:thumbsup:.

#17 ·
I was just wondering if there are any kits out there that will make around 600hp to the wheels on the M3.
You have two options IMHO. If money is an issue, you should have no problems finding a used F/I kit from VF or AA. I haven't seen many ESS kits for sale though. You can get around 500 RWHP with either kit for around $6K-$7K used.

If you want 600 RWHP, your probably going to need to go with a HPF kit. Look around, sometimes, but not often, they also come up for sale.

#42 ·
if you paid top dollar for meth injection and race gas tunes specialized with safety features to boot.. regardless of "crippling" to not use them would just be retarded.
Exactly^. "Well if you dont use race gas" "Well if you dont use methanol" "Well if you dont use that much boost then your car is slow why did you spend that money" Wow ppl are so stupid so many complete haters aka loser keyboard warriors.
I can assure you a a basic bolt on z06 will beat you pump gas vs pump gas
Here is a nice thread about a Stg. 2.5 vs. a Zo6 with a S/C. Good run as the HPF car was running all out (race/meth) apples to apples.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=731277

With a little work the Zo6 is a beast.

#39 ·
wow i was just suggesting i had one 4sale and saying its easier to achieve 600+ with a a v8 than so with a m3. I am a huge supporter of chris and the guys at HPF i frequently am buying parts and visiting the shop. my vette traps 128 in the 1/4 with horrible traction problems. A friend of mine has a zo6 with a big cam and tune from john reed. and it destroys 2.5's but you know there will always be a faster car out there. In the m you can pile your friends with you and have 600+hp.

#43 ·

citations are being handed out.

& yeah that mcspeed guy is pretty cool and chill.

#45 · (Edited)
lets not argue about the z06. We dont even know the OP and shoving this z06 which his father might even have into his mouth. He clearly stated m3 in a e46 forum, and who the hell knows might have the same post in a vette forum. Dont let it lead you guys all out to some pi66 match

there are only a few ways to hit his mark.as long as he is commited to spending the money on the packages.

heres one of the choice
http://store.activeautowerke.com/ac...eneration-6-supercharger-kit-level-2-p44.aspx

two
http://www.esstuning.com/products/E46-M3-VT2%2d500-Supercharger-System-(Gen.2).html

three
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/performanceparts/BMW/M3/Turbos/Turbo_Kits

in alphabetical order, call them yourself if you can get more power out of their kits if methanol and stuff isnt part of their initial package.

:search:

#57 ·
you guys scared the OP away.

what a great forum.

OP asks one question and now he has 3 pages of ooze to read before being able to reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.