E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Had to share this post re: M Performance Driving School

857 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  AWay 
#1 ·
#4 ·
This is definitely my dream course, besides skip barber!

m school seems awesom and super fun and learning!!

Yes its expensive but that price is worth every pennny to get to drive every M car and to do all those thigs with it!!

Cant wait unitil i saved up and get to go!!

i know some of us would prefer mods but this driving experience will let you appreciate those mods even better!! Plus you can definitely drive your car much better and in more control!!

M POWER!!

Peter

#6 ·
$350 Can for racing school?

Maybe its just me but I'd rather pay $350 Canadian for a 3 day school in Mission BC. My teacher was a BMW Performance driving school teacher and we did just as much. Other than having no sprinklers on the track, we get at least 4 hours of lapping time on the track. And at least one instructor for every 2 drivers. Only thing is you drive your own car and not everyone is driving a BMW. But they teach you so much and give you so many excercises, you learn to drive so well you can avoid any accidents on the track.

The best thing is you learn to pass in the turns as well as the straights and you are qualified to get a Novice driving license afterwards. Not that I'd take my $40k car racing. Its just so nice to learn to drive your car the way it was meant to.

#7 ·
I'm sure it's an awesome experience,

but for 2200 instead of 3600, the Skip Barber 3 day race school I think would be a better alternative. I don't have any first hand experience with the M school, but I'm fairly sure it's mostly a handling and agressive driving school at best. However, IMO there is nothing like the racing experience that you get from the open wheeled cars. I can't wait to go back for the 2 day advanced school.

But yeah, if you've got $3650 eating a hole in your pocket, this does sound like an entertaining time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.