E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Opinons/ Where to buy Xenon bulbs ASAP

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Edison@JleviSW 
#1 ·
Well i took out my mothers 325i (an 2002) and i notice at night i cant see anything, im not blind. but i have a hard time seeing anything when it rains. her xenons have gone Pure White!

i Never had this problem with my old 325i becuz i had 8000k's. So should i upgrade her to 8000's? and What brand do you guys think is Best

TIA, Help, THANKS GUYS:hi: :)

#6 ·
The issue with HID fogs is that fog reflects light back at the driver. This is why you never turn on your high beams in fogs but rather activate your fog lights so as to prevent any glare that would be caused by a more intense light output.

With that said, if you do not encounter fog very often, it is better to run HID fogs as you will put more visible light right in front of the car, thereby illuminating the road that much better. But as fog lights go, HIDs are poor alternatives to your stock fogs given their extreme brightness and glare issues in foggy conditions.

#5 ·
If you are having trouble seeing, don't go with 8000k. There is a trade off in the kelvin scale that when you increase the amount of K's, you do get a more blue color but you lose light output.

For this reason, I recommend going with 6000k. It is the perfect compromise between a pure white color temperature and maximum light output. Here is a comparison between our 6000k D2S bulbs (Left) and 4300k stock bulbs (Right) as well as the product page:

D2S Xenon Replacement Bulbs

#12 ·
Phillips Ultinon 6000k bulbs would be best to get. I wouldn't suggest going any higher than 6000k, cause after that, you'll pretty much killing the performance of your lights. I'm currently running 6000k bulbs on my car, and it's just about the same as 4300k, but with a blue tint to them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.