E46 Fanatics Forum banner

After 4 years we are reunited

12K views 53 replies 19 participants last post by  Stavro 
#1 ·
So this happened after 4 years....

SHE IS BACK !!!!

sitting alongside the big brother...(currently for sale)

See less See more
#7 ·
got bored, blah blah haha

That's awesome! Hope it was well looked after over those years.
couple of minor things to go over. 10k kms in 4 years driven by an older guy isnt too bad. feels good

Glad its back and in good condition from the looks of it.

Why are you selling the M5? You don't like the V8?
love the V8! but car is too big and i wanna do few more track days. also dont wanna have two weekend toys, hence the sale.

If you sell the sedan who's going to get the boys down to HJ's?
one of the E90 boys will have to step up mate! if we can get them there

Wow! You didn't have the M5 for long. Good luck with the sale.
yeah i know. awesome car and excellent condition but too big and comfy for me to do track days in it.

#18 ·
wanting to do few more track days in the M3, so ordered few goodies.

got some PFC 08 compound brake pads

Sparco Pro2000 seats

This is my track wheels/tyres set up. (Team racing dynamics Pro 1.2. 18x9 ET30. 265/35/18 all round. Yokohama A050

Finally got the seats i ordered (got sent Pro2000 V1 instead of II).

they are fitted and feel awesome.

did a track day with the new seats and absolutely loved them. very huggy as well as comfy for the drive home.

spent sometime also cleaning up my CS wheels. love these wheels!

#21 ·
Thanks mate.
Not too hard actually. I used Planted floor mounts.
Basically marked inside the car where the seats need to sit and then mounted the seat onto the mount outside the car. Then installed as one when it was ready.
Much easier and quicker than previous Vac motorsport/macht schnell pieces

#28 ·
Last time i owned this car, i had a Supersprint race muffler on, which i sold after the car sold. more recently i modified the OEM muffler which sounded very good but i always wanted to go back to SS race if the opportunity came. now that the british pound is crap, the muffler is 'affordable'. lets face it, you are paying for noise, weight saving and not power gain. anyways, couple of pics :)

20mb image hosting

this pic if off the internet. i was too excited to get it fitted and forgot to take a pic lol

20mb image hosting

#34 ·
Little bit of rear end maintenance. The diff bushes were completely shot. On E46 M3's you can not buy the genuine diff cover bushes individually on their own. A whole new cover must be purchased with bushes already pressed in. I didnt want to go with anything but OEM just to prevent any extra noises..

#35 ·
nothing much has been happening.
did another light track day. car did well but the brakes were pissing me off. was getting fade on my PFC 08 pads. putting it down to glazed rotors so will need to address that. few pics of the rotors and couple from the track day :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.