E46 Fanatics Forum banner

You know you're an E46 fanatic when...

165K views 1K replies 678 participants last post by  willysalazar1 
#1 ·
(There has probably been a thread about this in the past but thought I would take a shot at refreshing it. Here's my start:)

You know you're an E46 fanatic when:

You go the the BMW dealership and ask if they still have any leftover E46 shirts in the back stockroom rather than the E90 shirts on the rack.

You carry around a tube of CrazyGlue just in case your window trim decides to cut loose just before you pick up your date or a client (which is usually when it happens)

People ask you what kind of car you have and you say "An E46" rather than saying BMW 325, 330, etc., and then just stand there with a smug look on your face as they stare back with a puzzled look on theirs.

You actually know all the offset, wheel width and tire combinations for your car.

If you have to take your car to a garage and they take off the wheels, as they are getting ready to re-install them, you whip out a torque wrench preset to 87 lb/ft from your back pocket and say "I'll take it from here."

You don't like to drive a Lexus because there is not enough wind noise from the driver's side window.

You actually know where the battery is.

When you park your car in a parking lot, you park it away from everyone else and, as you walk away, you look back at it. Twice.

See less See more
#707 · (Edited)
You know you're an e46 fanatic when you will purposely look for a black car to pull up behind at red lights just so you can look at your angel eyes in the reflection and them.

Or when you go smell the inside every time you go out to the garage for something else.

Or maybe I'm the only one that does that? This thread is so reassuring, I am guilty of almost everything mentioned here. Haha

#722 · (Edited)
Happened to me with 2 of my friends, they both got m3's...i was mad as hell, im stuck with my 323i because i screwed myself over by fixing the damn thing and kept throwing money at it, i should have got rid of it a while ago to upgrade when i had the chance, but now im left with a practically rebuilt 323i with new everything...bushings and all as well, and a c5 vette. Ive gotten used to the all show no go theme with my car although my 323i is putting down 200/200 at the wheels since i modified performance first before looks...but i have wayyyy too much money into this thing to get rid of it, ill drive it until it needs a new motor...swap in an s54 and keep on going.

but i guess thats what makes me a fanatic, putting thousands into a 12 year old car.

#736 ·
This, and being prepared to pay for anything no matter what or how much, just to keep her purring like a happy kitten ;) (by now I have spent 4x more than its current value..:eek:)... but it will drive another 10 years at least :luv:

#733 ·
Even a year after trading it in, you still get exited everytime you see the same model in the same colour and start looking for identifying features in case she was once yours and maybe you can make some reductions offer to buy her back

#737 ·
When you,

Wake up at 5am, simply because you can not sleep. & decide it is a great time to wash & detail your E46. Then you end up running around your car with a vacuum with eyes like this O.O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.