E46 Fanatics Forum banner

question about cup kit

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jamex 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm going to be ordering my cup kit from Jlevi this week and wanted to know if there was anything else related to the strut/spring assembly that should be replaced when doing the swap. I have a level 2 suspension rebuild kit from ECS that has new control arms, bushings, endlinks and tie rods. I also picked up some M3 RTABs and Vorschlag limiters for the back as well as new RSMs and reinforcement plates. Would it be beneficial to replace the strut hats in the front? I'm assuming I'd have to carry these over from the OEM assembly. My goal is to put the front portion of the cup kit together before I remove the old struts/springs so I can just pop them in instead of wrestling with 10-year-old struts for the sake of a couple parts that need to be carried over. Any insight? This is the diagram I was looking at. I'm guessing that most of it needs to be reused, at least that's how it was in my E36.

#3 ·
Hey great Nick, thanks for the info. I'm not sure if they're worn or not but for like $11/ea I just might get new ones. Looking to order on Monday or Tuesday. You have the sport cup kits in stock? Wanting to lower the front ~1.5" and the rear ~1.2".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.