E46 Fanatics Forum banner

It's officially mine! My 2005 ZCP!

9K views 56 replies 36 participants last post by  alkemyst 
#1 ·
Hi all.....

Well, just wanted to introduce my 'new' 2005 M3 zcp. It's finally home in the driveway. I was incredibly sad when my 325iT was totalled, but am so incredibly happy to move into an M3, and am incredibly blessed to have found a 2005 with 15k miles.

I'm the third owner. First owner had it nine months and drove 9k miles. Second over had it 6 years and drove it approx 1k miles per year (but did the recommended low mileage service). He recently turned it into New Country BMW in Hartford for a new M5. I saw it the same day it was listed, jumped into my car, and signed the papers 30 minutes after I arrived at the dealership. After a week of waiting for loan and insurance paperwork to settle in, I drove it home yesterday.

Holy crap, is it fun to drive. Mild yet persistent power when you module the throttle....and blow your hair back fun when you mash it. I am in love :excited:. Now I just need to get a post PPI by my mechanic, a full fluid flush (say that 10 times fast :facepalm:) including diff and tranny, buy some winter rubber for it, do the steering wheel swap...and here I come!

The specs: 2005 zcp, 15,750 miles, ILB over black nappa, cold weather package, HK stereo, park distance control.

And here are the pics!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Going to swap in the standard e46 M3 steering wheel and relocate the track switch (stalk or button placement still yet to be determined). Need my cruise control and radio volume adjustment.

Other than this (and the pre-existing Schnitzer mods) it will remain stock for the forseeable future.....

Now I just have to figure out the navigation/bluetooth system. As much as I didn't like Dynavin's touchscreen navigation, its navigation capabilities far exceed the stock BMW....and I can't get my stupid blackberry to recognize the car. Little things :)

#10 · (Edited)
Congrats from a fellow Interlagos Blue ZCP owner! I have the pedal covers too!

Any more pictures of the rear trunk spoiler and rear roof spoiler? I've never seen those before; trying to decide if I like them or not.

Definitely not a fan of the "eyelids" over the headlights, but that's just my two cents.

#15 ·
Nothing wrong with driving it all year round. Previous owners had the car, but never drove it. What fun is that? Its not a $10m Ferrari. Not trying to take anything away from OP and his new purchase. Congrats that's freakin sweet!! My car was a 1 owner 20k mi car when I found it in 09. Best of luck with her and enjoy her to the fullest!

that's not a very nice thing to say to someone who just bought what appears to be a pristine vehicle. sounds like someone is a little jealous.

congrats to op. car looks immaculate.
Not jealousy, its true. When cars sit around the rubbers and all deteriorate. It was built to be used not as an ornament. Amongst your to-do list make sure you get the belts and hoses looked over.

#18 ·
Wow. 15k nice! I just bought my zcp this year with only 25k and thought that was low. Nice find. I just switched out the wheel trim for the one with the multifunction buttons and relocated the m-track button to the wiper stalk yesterday . I found the wiper stalk cheap on eBay and it looks perfect. Enjoy your new ride.

#20 · (Edited)
Okay, first off. I am not a bro, or a man, or a guy. I am a girl. A woman. One that likes to drive fast. Isn't that apparent in my signature???

Mini...If this was a 'shoe, or an M3 verte....of course I wouldn't drive it year round. Those are collectibles (or limited season cars). These were meant to be driven. So I will drive it year round, get a clear bra, wash it religiously, and wait 10 years before the rust settles in. Then when it does, I will either get it fixed or move onto another car.

Jersey...Yep, you are right. Low mileage garage queen will likely have rubber that will begin to wear out. I'm ready to pour some money into that in exchange for a chassis, engine and tranny with little wear. To me, that tradeoff is worth it.

Devin...Can you PM me? Interested in pictures on your swap and the stalk that you used. I have the DIYs, but since my mechanic hasn't done this before...I might as well do it myself :)

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Had to take it out yesterday for a spin (just because) and it was fabulous!

#21 ·
Great find. I can understand what Mike is saying. Just be sure to keep on top of maintenance and not let the low mileage give you a false sense of security.

Drive the snot out of it. That's what it was built for. Now maybe it'll have a chance to do what it was designed to do. Not sit in a garage for all of eternity.

Welcome to the family!

#22 ·
Hi all.....

Well, just wanted to introduce my 'new' 2005 M3 zcp. It's finally home in the driveway. I was incredibly sad when my 325iT was totalled, but am so incredibly happy to move into an M3, and am incredibly blessed to have found a 2005 with 15k miles.

I'm the third owner. First owner had it nine months and drove 9k miles. Second over had it 6 years and drove it approx 1k miles per year (but did the recommended low mileage service). He recently turned it into New Country BMW in Hartford for a new M5. I saw it the same day it was listed, jumped into my car, and signed the papers 30 minutes after I arrived at the dealership. After a week of waiting for loan and insurance paperwork to settle in, I drove it home yesterday.

Holy crap, is it fun to drive. Mild yet persistent power when you module the throttle....and blow your hair back fun when you mash it. I am in love :excited:. Now I just need to get a post PPI by my mechanic, a full fluid flush (say that 10 times fast :facepalm:) including diff and tranny, buy some winter rubber for it, do the steering wheel swap...and here I come!

The specs: 2005 zcp, 15,750 miles, ILB over black nappa, cold weather package, HK stereo, park distance control.

And here are the pics!
Awesome pickup there! :thumbsup: I was wondering what interior trim is that in your ///M?

#23 ·
I want to see the M track button in the wiper stalk already.

Btw for whoever said that, I was not trying to be a d1ck. A fellow forum member with 20k miles is having a gang of problems from his car sitting for so long. It's bad for a lot of stuff on our cars. BMW's love to be driven. Not sat in a garage. If I was OP, is probably replace all the pulleys and belts, flush out all the fluids, actually I'd just send it out for inspection 2. Again, not trying to be rude, just helpful. That LOW of miles is scary.

#24 · (Edited)
Mike...I appreciate your response. Was already going to flush all the fluids and have all the belts inspected, just because of this same reason. I had considered whether a valve adjustment would be good (just to make sure everything is in spec)..maybe I will do it to be safe. Do you happen to remember where you saw that thread? I would love to talk to that person.

Again, thanks all. Want to make sure this baby works like it should for a very, very long period of time!

#31 · (Edited)
Are you kidding? I am so over the top on maintenance that I stand to lose 2k on my totalled touring after my market-rate insurance payout..simply because I proactively maintain my cars to the 'n'th degree :facepalm:

wow that is such a nice find! real beauty in that color, the way a ZCP should be. but...those eyelids have to go
I agree. They look ridiculous. They will be coming off as soon as I can find the instructions on how they got put on in the first place....

What shop are you using for work? I work in Boston and I also DD my Interlagos ZCP, which I just picked up a few months ago. We should compare cars at some point.
I admit...I've shopped around a bit on mechanics. I'm on the north side, so I'm using Ace Performance Services. But German Performance Services and Import Auto Works are also good shops (speaking from personal experience)

#27 ·
wow that is such a nice find! real beauty in that color, the way a ZCP should be

but...those eyelids have to go

#28 ·
i have to agree with the other poster, although yes it is made to be driven. such a well kept car would be a shame to subject it to Boston winters. what the M3 does best or well is not going to come out or be shown in the winter. but I understand its your car now and do as you please. just mentioning to consider possible benefits or not using it as a daily driver in your Boston winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.