E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Sport vs. Non-sport

5K views 44 replies 24 participants last post by  maxi 
#1 ·
Did some searching, but would still like some more opinions. I've been debating picking up sport seats, but I'm not sure if its worth the cost. For those of you that have had both or at least been in both for a decent amount of time, do you think it is worth the cost to grab the sport seats?

#8 ·
They seem to just cradle your entire body, at least thats how it feels to me. You just feel much more in tune with the car. I hate non sport seats in cars, it feels like you're sitting in an office chair. Honestly, ask someone who has sports seats if you can drive their car around for a while to really get a feel for them. Oh, and the lower slide-out bridge (or whatever you wanna call it) is amazing on your legs for long drives

#14 ·
I want M or Sport seats so bad but they never made the M seats in tan (and I am not dying anything) and the sport seats are so hard to come by (in tan for sale) :banghead:

Either set would make such a difference in my interior...

#15 ·
Yup, the difference is night and day. You really sit IN the sports seats as opposed to sitting ON the non-sports seats. Well worth it. My father's e46 has the non-sports while mine rocks the sports, and it feels horrible sitting in the non-sports versions once you've become accustomed to the sports.

#20 ·
Seat, Front
BMW 328 i BGE,BUC,LEA RF PWR 7G5182 $100 All-State Salvage USA-NJ(West-Orange) E-mail 1-973-736-2616

Seat, Front
BMW 328 i 2DR-CPE,TAN,TRKS W-MTR,LEFT 100292 $Call Venice Auto Parts USA-PA(Philadelphia) Request_Quote 1-800-523-1600 Request_Insurance_Quote

Seat, Front
BMW 328 i 2DR-CPE,GRY,MTR,TRCK S W-MTR,LEFT 100050 $Call Venice Auto Parts USA-PA(Philadelphia) Request_Quote 1-800-523-1600 Request_Insurance_Quote

oh boy you are gonna love me... i hope.... says tan, leather, power, heat, sport, right and left for $250 each....

Seat, Front
BMW 328 i CPE,TAN,LEA,POW,HEAT ,SPORT,LH,RECHE 3999 $250 Inside Auto Parts, Inc. USA-VA(Mineral) Request_Quote 1-800-469-4602 Request_Insurance_Quote

Seat, Front
BMW 328 i CPE,TAN,LEA,POW,HEAT ED,SPORT,RH 3999 $250 Inside Auto Parts, Inc. USA-VA(Mineral) Request_Quote 1-800-469-4602 Request_Insurance_Quote

#24 ·
oh boy you are gonna love me... i hope.... says tan, leather, power, heat, sport, right and left for $250 each....

Seat, Front
BMW 328 i CPE,TAN,LEA,POW,HEAT ,SPORT,LH,RECHE 3999 $250 Inside Auto Parts, Inc. USA-VA(Mineral) Request_Quote 1-800-469-4602 Request_Insurance_Quote

Seat, Front
BMW 328 i CPE,TAN,LEA,POW,HEAT ED,SPORT,RH 3999 $250 Inside Auto Parts, Inc. USA-VA(Mineral) Request_Quote 1-800-469-4602 Request_Insurance_Quote

Here is your front seats, left and right, sport, coupe, etc....

Call on them bud :)

And for $250 each, i would imagine they are in good condition because seats usually go for $100-$150 a piece

#29 ·
Yes it is! I test drove a 330i non sport over the past weekend, and the seats were very blah to me, not only did they look boring they did not hug you at all. It kinda felt like you would just slide out of the seat. I LOVE my sport seats, i find them to be some of the most comfortable seats in a car for long distance. I took a trip in my Fathers XJ8 Jaguar and it was comfy but i still prefered my sport seats.

#30 ·
i think it is the perfect balance between comfort and support

don't get me wrong, i love sporty seats... but its only a matter of time before i become uncomfortable in an m3, 135, evo, etc...

the m3 seats are still comfy, but they were definitely made for skinny people lol... more so in the 1 as well...

#34 ·
I guess I am in the minority. I've had non-sport, leatherette seats in my 325 and now I have the sport seats in my zhp. In my opinion the difference is minimal - slightly softer and I like the leg extension thingy, but besides that, ehh. I still feel like i'm sliding all over the place. The seats don't provide the lateral support I would expect, but maybe my 160# frame is not big enough. I've driven my sister's '04 Civic SI and those seats are nice - as soon as I sit, all sides of the seat supports me. But hey, that's just my 2cents.

#37 ·
I'll have to look around for some...I've contemplated the M3 seats as well, but I may have to steer away from them if they were a little snug for you. I'm just looking for something with a little more support. I had an 07 Si before this and coming from the seats in that to the non-sports made for a less than desirable transition.

#39 ·
i would say the seats... if they are going for the same price

i love my m3 steering wheel, and the first week is GREAT... but you end up getting used to it... it doesn't feel any thicker than a normal wheel to me now that i'm used to it

personally, i think my black headliner is >>>>>>>>>> m3 steering wheel as a mod...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.