E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Black Roof Vinyl Wrap Pictures - Q&A/FAQ/etc.

343K views 385 replies 83 participants last post by  Don Nguyen 
#1 ·
I get people asking me the what a gloss black roof versus a matte black roof looks like all the time, so I will start out with two almost identical E90s I did this weekend. The first one went with a gloss black finish, while the second one went with a matte black finish. It'll give you guys a good idea of how the two compare/contrast.

Gloss black:

Matte black:

If you guys are looking for any vinyl materials to cover your roof, window trim, etc, shoot me a PM with what you need or post up any questions you might have.

-Don

See less See more
#70 ·
Here's what I'm worried about

I keep the car outside, not directly in the sun (under a tree) - but it gets a lot of sun regardless

The vinyl adhesive bonds itself so well to the clear coat due to the heat, when I decide to take it off - it takes the clearcoat with it.

Do you have any experience with removal of these?

The "if anything" is just coming off as inexperienced and too-bad-for-you in the future.

#75 ·
Just wash it like regular paint with soap and water, and some wax wouldn't hurt.

It's fairly durable material. I haven't had any of my customers tell me that it swirled/scratched excessively to the point where they couldn't stand it anymore or had to remove it.

-Don

#93 ·
i love your work! is it possible to get same paint as vinyl? i'm thinking to paint my roof in flat black, but i have a sunroof made of glass, so i will wrap the sunroof with vinyl and paint the rest of the roof

#94 ·
No I have not. It's not common to see cabs with hardtops, especially in socal.

That's honestly up to the body/paint shop to match the vinyl. Flat/matte paint jobs (correct/good ones) are not easy to do already, so I am not sure how they'll match it.

-Don

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.