E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Oem csl air box

6K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  Johnson023 
#1 ·
Ok I found this place in uk where they can ship a oem csl box but it costs 7197.86$ or 4420£

#2 ·
theres a group buy on a rep csl airbox over on M3forum.net, they only want $3500, which is what around the price that most OEM airboxes sell on these forums. That price is a bit steep. Look around a bit.

#5 ·
$8,000 for an air box? CSL or not, that's idiotic... as if $3,000 for a replica isn't already retarded enough. Only you and a select few of BMW enthusiasts you actually meet in real life might respect it, but everyone will respect a turbo or supercharger a lot more, for that price.

#16 · (Edited)
. Only you and a select few of BMW enthusiasts you actually meet in real life might respect it, but everyone will respect a turbo or supercharger a lot more, for that price.
is that really your primary consideration when modding your car? :(

anyway - OEM will always be most expensive, but have you considered used? yeah, rare, but not impossible to find. Also, I'm pretty sure you could find somebody stateside who could order those parts for you, and also be aware that you don't neccesarily need all of it (like the motorized flap, which you can't use without the CSL ECU anyway).

although, the replica GB seems like a better deal, for something that's 99% the same.

#8 ·
OP, IMO get a super for that price.. Your stock airbox was made by BMW and although its no CF CSL, it still is a great intake that was made for that motor.. I recently spent a lot of money on my m3 and in the process was considering an intake but went for just header, exhaust and tune. CSL replica would have been my first choice but so expensive and for less than the price of the intake I invested in coilovers(KW V2). Think about what you are buying for the price and what you can be getting for that price.. Is it really worth it? Close to over 7g for an intake is just insane to me..

#17 ·
I am not cheep but the price on the csl air box is outragous ,most of the guys that own e46 m3 is second or therd hand owners, all the guys that could realy aford the car has moved on to bigger and better hope fully lol, once you are massing producing ,Europe is bankrupt and out of work would you not try to sell as many as you can at a decent price beacause the next set of owners cant afford the the car and drive them into the ground and you will have to dump the mould , that why the the Chinese is kicking our but we want to sell 50 and they 100000 at prices every one is calling for there parts and you add it up you can buy a brand new car.

#20 ·
to the two that think what I said don't make sence just go ahead and buy one, to compleat the csl air box for any hp gain you have to get the cams headers and chip other wise its just for looks. have you changed all your fluids rad brake engine transmission deff do so and then post something more constructive .

#21 ·
It hurts to try to read what you are saying is I think what everyone is trying to say. This is a forum, not some text messaging service. Sorry if that sounds harsh but people here are really trying to help and understand. They are just asking that more effort go into your spelling and even utilize spell check. In this day and age it's not too hard to use that sort of automate tool to clean up spelling mistakes. :facepalm:

#25 ·
I know my punctuation and spelling is not up to your standard I have seen worse on this forum , all I am saying is your money is better spent some where else, unless its for show ,
if you are saying I can't afford an air box the money I spent on my car this year is ten times what you have spent or more on your car before you say more buy e46 m3 first

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.