E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Enco B046 - Dynavin Clone

692K views 2K replies 279 participants last post by  twinturbos 
#1 ·
Normally I would disregard this, but the price difference is just too huge to ignore. Has anyone tried the Enco B046?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/519290879/Android_car_dvd_player_pc_system.html

I order through Alibaba all the time at work and have had good experiences trading through them.

It looks like an exact clone of the Dynavin Android, for 1/3 of the price. My initial reaction was to disregard it, but if it runs Android and a 720Mhz Arm, then we know it is operationally solid. Only thing I am worried about is the screen and/or amp, if they are different at all.

Has anyone tried this unit? It looks similar enough to have been made in the same factory. For $320 (or $450 for Android version) it might be worth a gamble.

See less See more
#4 ·
Not that I have been able to find. I've hardly found any information beyond a spec/feature list, and a bunch of pictures. Everything is 100% identical to the Dynavin units, down to the choice in the OS, wattage, features, everything.

Here's what I'm really curious about : Is this a Dynavin clone, or is this Dynavin's supplier?

#11 ·
I don't think so. These vendors usually use the post, so shipping is reasonable. It takes a few weeks though.

I've had good experiences ordering through Alibaba. My only reservation is that customer service will be impossible if anything goes wrong. But at this price, you can buy a second one and still come out ahead.

#18 ·
It also wont have Parrott support as with the D99 and has nothing about OBD or PDC support.

So it could be just the same as any of the cheap android units about on the market except with nice buttons (near oem) and excluding the large development and relationships dynavin have put in to get their unit to where it is today.

Still too dubious for me. Tried and tested one all the way.

#19 ·
I just submitted this to them

1. Does this unit support OBD (on board diagnostics) for the BMW E46?
2. What bluetooth module do you use and is it phonebook compatible?
3. Does your unit have a dual radio tuner?
4. Do you have the user manual in a format that you could email to me? Preferable English but I will take it in any language available.

(I didn't ask about PDC since it is irrelevant on my car.) Probably should have for the benefit of those here.

They seemed to be pretty quick at answering my first inquiry about price which was as spage said $450+$70S&H.

Clark

#23 · (Edited)
How 'bout a more more recent one

Looks like they are styling the UI a little after the iDrive

EDIT: Just noticed that this picture is of the B146 NOT the B046 in the OP. **Wonders what the differences are***

EDIT2: Perusing their site reveals about a half a dozen different model numbers. :hmm:

#27 ·
It looks like the wifi is built into the unit so that it can connect to any wifi hotspot. So if your iPhone 4 can be a wifi hotspot then I would assume that it would work.

I am still waiting on answers from the company but I will be happy with a 24 hour response time since they are in a way different time zone. My last response came at about four in the morning.

Clark

#28 ·
Update

Got a response to my questions and its all good news:

Engrish answers are in red.

1,yes,it support.
2,bluetooth 2.0. and compatible with phonebook function.
3,yes
4. Do you have the user manual in a format that you could email to me? Preferable English but I will take it in any language available.
4,no have PDF file now,it only a book. yes.it is english version.

I went ahead and ordered one via alibaba and escrow so we shall see! $520 was the total.

If and when i receive the unit I will post pictures/video/review.

Probably will take two weeks at best.

Clark

#30 ·
Engrish answers are in red.

1,yes,it support.
2,bluetooth 2.0. and compatible with phonebook function.
3,yes
4,no have PDF file now,it only a book. yes.it is english version.
I don't want to pee on you bonfire but I would take anything that the Chinese "salespeople" say with a large pinch of salt.

If these units had had OBD, phone book and dual radio tuner then those facilities would have been mentioned in the item description. Also, there is no sign of any OBD option in the screen shot.

IMHO, I doubt that these units have either OBD or dual tuner - phonebook is a possibility.

I also doubt that these are Dynavin units. The front ports are in different locations so the front PCB is at least different.

All that said, assuming that the unit works OK and the quality is good, then these are a good alternative to the Dynavin or Hualingan.

I look forward to your review and me being proven wrong :lmao:

#29 ·
Clark....
Way to jump on this one. I feel this is the exact same product with a tiny makeup adjustment, so they can sell it legally.
I've been eyeing up the android dynavin, bit that $900 price tag kept me back.

Really hope this works out for you, and looking forward to reviews...

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.