E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Will VMR V710 19" Fit (19x8.5" ET35 72.6CB 5x120.)

Tags
19 e46 v710 wheels
5K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  dirtypinguin 
#1 ·
Hi all -

I know very little about wheels, but I've been reading through the forums and I think I have the right sizes. I wasn't planning on changing wheels, but one of my 18" Style 73's is damaged... so I figure.. why not!

I like the look of the VMR v710's. I want to go to 19" wheels IF I can without major modification. Also... my Style 73's sit inside the wheel well a bit. When I replace them, I'd like the wheel to be a little more flush with the side of the car. "Fill" the wheel well a little more, if that makes sense.

Here's The specs: 19x8.5" ET35 72.6CB 5x120

ECS has them as a square set only... I'm not sure if going staggered would give me any benefit or if I can even get these as a staggered set.

Also... I need to refresh my shocks, so I was thinking of putting on a lower kit. Maybe the H&R Sport cup kit? Will these still fit with this kit or similar?

#2 ·
So... looking more on TireRack.com I can see the following tire options that supposedly fit on a 330i, but I'm assuming they are talking about stock suspension... or maybe sport suspension:

18's:

Front: 225/40ZR18
Rear: 255/35ZR18

OR 19's:

Front: 235/35ZR19
Rear: 245/35ZR19

Would either of these configurations work with the H&R Sport cup kit without any fender modification? While I'd love to go to 19's, I don't want to have it be a pain in the ass. But... if I can do 19's, with my ass free of pain, then I'll go for it.

#3 ·
If you're going with VMR V710's square setup use 19x8.5ET35 with a 235/35/19 all around. If your going staggered use a 19x8.5ET35 front with a 235/35/19 and a 19x9.5ET45 with a 255/30/19. Both of those fitments will work just fine with the H&R Cup Kit and you shouldn't get an rubbing at all :thumbsup:

#6 ·
Most of our dealers do not stock our products. We have a few dealers around Florida, but none of them actually carry inventory. We have a few dealers, like ModBargains, EAS, or BavAuto that do stock some things though.

As far as the ride quality goes, 19s will transmit more feedback from the road to the cabin due to the fact that the tire profile is smaller. To what degree of harshness? That's really dependent on a lot of factors. Some people will be more sensitive to ride quality than others. I don't think it will be bad, but there are some people that like a plush ride and wouldn't like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.