E46 Fanatics Forum banner

M3 BUMPER question help PLEASE!

23K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Seirith 
#1 ·
does anyone know how to install an m3 bumper to a e46 sedan? theres a metal thing on my oem stock bumper and im having problems transfering the metal bar cause the m3 bumper has nothing to hold on to the metal bar hope you can help me. yes i got it from umnitza theres no fkn instructions,ive been trying to call them all day but no ones answering their service number."devilishly good service" indeed :hmm:
them

See less See more
#5 ·
A) Need to remove the metal carrier
B) Need to remove the plastic holder form your old bumper
C) Need to glue the plastic holder to the new bumper
D) Then install the metal carrier

Attachments

#19 ·
Hey guys, first i know im raising a post from the dead. But thats what search button is for right? Anyways, i dont post much but am thinking of doing the same conversion. Modbargains.com sells one for sedans. I have a 2002 facelift sedan so my question is.

@e46hellrot did you get it working? Hope so.

And to everyone, if i do eventually nab myself a m3 front that fits accordingly. What lips are available? I couldnt find much. Do they make different lips? Since its a m3rep? Or will any i find essentially fit? Im sure i can "make" it fit but wonder any issues you all may have had given this similar scenario. Thanks guys.

Ricky

#20 ·
I no longer have that plastic inner part on my stock nor my (Euro-spec) Mtech 2 bumper. That piece is built into the Mtech 2 bumper, i.e., not removable.
I went to the shop today to confirm what the shop was saying after I showed them link to remove the inner piece.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604857#post6672861

Is the only option then is to use some type of glue (Liquid Nails or Liquid Plastic) to secure the reinforcement bar to the bumper cover,
as Umnitza support have suggested?

If you use pop rivets, is it only securing the bottom part of the bumper cover to the plastic shield?

Thanks for your help.

#21 ·
After consulting with several users here, decided to have shop drill 3 holes from underside of grill to the reinforcement bar. Got home and had to adjust the ends that meet fender because shop said fit was due to aftermarket bumper. Now there is still noticeable gap under the headlight area. Do i need to raise the bumper or just put foam inserts on top of the reinforcement bar? Thanks.

#23 ·
#24 ·
I went through this process a month or so ago. Here's what i wish i knew the first time.

1. that bumper looks fine.
2. Make sure you also get the following, both 330ci front lower fender well plastics. The sides of the bumper attach here and it is more secure if these are new or newer. Also the M3 radiator intake shroud. it uses a different one than the stock bumper. M3 brake ducts if you can. not an absolute must but does help.
3. You don't need to remove the old metal reinforcement clips from the old bumper. you can glue the new bumper to the metal clip. you just need to call 3m and make sure you get the glue specifically for gluing aluminum to plastic.
4. The process is a pain but looks really nice in the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.