E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Speedometer Delay

10K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  ///MPR77 
#1 ·
When I accelerate from a dead stop, the speedometer doesn't move until i hit 2.5-3k RPM..which is unusually slow. Just wondering what could be going wrong here?

I believe it might have to do with the speed sensor near the Right rear ABS sensor..

I just got my winter wheels mounted onto my rims, and when they put it back, could they have accidentally tampered with the sensor? causing a slight delay in the reading?

thanks for the help

#11 · (Edited)
For the record. That is NOT a reset nor is it a recalibration. It is purely a visual function test, nothing more.

Any resolve from this has simply come from running the gauges through their sweep. A 180mph speed run would of done the same thing (just a point to prove that there is no recalibration procedure).

#12 · (Edited)
True, there is no comparative measurements, and tweaks while doing this, so I'm sorry that I used the word calibrate....perhaps exercise would have been a better choice.
As far as the reset....well you're incorrect. I assume you have done this, have you never noticed that
it does reset MPH, MPG predicted
range, and trip, well the trip gets reset because the stalk gets pressed to enter into the locked cluster menus...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.