E46 Fanatics Forum banner

h.i.d lights poor light patterns

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Topgun44 
#1 ·
hi guys just fitted some 600 hids to my 323 m sport on a 02 plate it is throwing the poorest light pattern ever they look to be all fragmented ......... bulbs in properly fitting like a glove in there new holders PLEASE HELP:ben:

#2 ·
You put HID's in a halogen bowl and expected good light output? Why do you think it's illegal and frowned upon? The best advise I can give is to do an FX-R projector retrofit. Search and you shall find my friend.

#4 ·
I don't understand. You said, "I just did something to my car that I do not like, why not?"

The answer is, you did something wrong and you have to undo it, then start over with a new question, "I want to install HIDs in my <whatever you drive>, what is the best way to do it?"

The answer to that is, "You need entirely new headlamps, and you cannot simply load HID bulbs into the lamp housings you have now."

#6 ·
The images of the sharp cut off pattern are from projectors (essentially a lens assembly to focus the light). Without that, you will get poor lighting and be risking a fine and points on your licence. To other road users it appears that you are constantly using your high beams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.