E46 Fanatics Forum banner

BMW Scanner (PA Soft) 1.4 Settings

242K views 194 replies 100 participants last post by  All2kool 
#1 · (Edited)
Received my PA Soft Scanner today and decided to do some testing. Here is my contribution. If you have any technical difficulties with the scanner itself, direct them in this thread:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=893444

Keep this thread strictly related to settings. I read through all 45 pages of the Official PA Soft thread and it is 95% discussion on how to install it on their computer of which I got working on Windows 7 64bit.

ZKE Options:
To do any of the functions in the ZKE section:
- select "Coding data"

To activate the alarm optics without having a physical alarm:
-check DWA
-check the options with "optics"
*note if you have bits and pieces of the oem alarm, you may enable those options

To activate a OEM alarm:
-check DWA
-check DWA interior sensor
-uncheck DWA interior sensor, rear (unless you have a convertible which has a front and rear interior sensor)
-check DWA tilt alarm sensor
-check the options with "optics" and "acoustics"
*note you must have all 3 (4 for convertibles) pieces to the alarm otherwise your car will throw a code. e.g. you have the siren and motion sensor but no tilt; your DWA will show a fault and will not arm. Siren will still go off if doors are breached.

To enable remote closing windows:
-default "Opening (remote control)" is checked and "Locking (remote control)" is unchecked
-check "Locking (remote control)" to enable closing with remote
*note the lock button closes and unlock opens the windows upon holding of the key

To enable one click to unlock all doors:
-default "Selective" is checked. This allows one click of the unlock button of the remote to unlock the drivers door. A second click unlocks remainder passenger doors
-check "No" to unlock all doors with one press of the unlock button

To change the tilt of the passenger mirror when in reverse:
-default "Memory" is unchecked
-set mirror switch to passenger. The mirror will tilt to your personal position.
-to set your position, have switch on passenger side, and adjust your mirror while in reverse gear.
*note if "Memory" is checked mirror switch must be set to passenger for option to work. Switching to driver will disable the auto-tilt.
**note if "Memory" is unchecked mirror switch must be set to driver for tilt to work (by default it tilts to the maximum amount). Switching to passenger will disable the auto-tilt.

EWS Options:

To check the number of keys you have used:
-select key status
-you may also disable keys if you lost them from this menu as well
note* as you can see, I have two keys out there in the world from the previous owner as I only own two of them

To view live data:
-select live data

To DISABLE the clutch switch:
-select "Coding data"
-select "Settings and manufacture settings"
-select Manual transmission
note* only for manuals
note** this allows you to start the car without having to depress the clutch

SRS Options:

To view live data about your airbags:
-select live data

To DISABLE seat occupancy sensor:
-select "coding data"
-select "Equipment"
-uncheck "Seat occupancy recognition"
note* I haven't tired this as I don't need to nor have I installed aftermarket bucket seats

To DISABLE seat belt light:
-select "coding data"
-select "Equipment"
-uncheck "Seat-belt buckle switch"
note* I haven't tried this myself as I always wear a seat-belt nor have a race harness

IKE Options:
In the IKE menu you can change items such as service intervals frequency (ie. km/mi until next service), etc

LCM Options:

To enable or disable your DRL:
-select "coding data"
-toggle the options for "running lights"

See less See more
#6 ·
I am very interested in changing the tilt of the passenger mirror when in reverse, this will be very useful. when i put the car in reverse it tilts all the way down and it's difficult to see when you're parking close to the curb. does that really work? anyone else tested it? i dont have the software yet, also please post how to activate the signal flash with keyless unlock and lock. thanks.

#7 ·
I am very interested in changing the tilt of the passenger mirror when in reverse, this will be very useful. when i put the car in reverse it tilts all the way down and it's difficult to see when you're parking close to the curb. does that really work? anyone else tested it? i dont have the software yet, also please post how to activate the signal flash with keyless unlock and lock. thanks.
You can adjust the mirror with the mirror switch, first put the car in the reverse, wait till the mirror goes all the way down, then adjust the mirror with the switch.

#12 ·
Adaptions relearn from driving and have nothing to do with DRIVER Behavior doing so will not gain any long term benefit. I have not looked at PA Soft but if it could do it it would be in the DME under functions
Well if the driver changed his driving habits, or there is a new driver altogether, there would be benefits.

I only stated the above because PA Soft cannot reset adaptations. At least not with the algorithm it uses for my car.

#13 ·
Well if the driver changed his driving habits, or there is a new driver altogether, there would be benefits.

I only stated the above because PA Soft cannot reset adaptations. At least not with the algorithm it uses for my car.
Hmm odd I figured it would. The adaptions are constantly changing again resting them will gain you NO long term benefit as they will go to the same spot there were at over the next 200 miles.

Placebo effect at its best :)

#21 ·
whoaaa sooo

If I use this, and uncheck the "HOT check" and "COLD check" for the front turn signals, does this mean I can install LED turn signal lights, not use resistors, and still not throw an error? That would be awesome. If somebody has done this, please let me know.
I've done this but mainly because I had a flickering issue when I upgraded to all LED's and this solved that issue.

Also to note, I have made it a point to turn off my heated side mirror feature during the summer as I believe this heating element is what makes the mirror glass prematurely deteriororate and go yellow/brown around the edges. Warm climate folks like in AZ should turn this off all together.

1 touch unlock on all doors was another convenience to switch to as I have never needed to just unlock 1 door only for any particular reason.

#27 ·
Resetting Adaptations

Not sure if this what you want to reset, but here is how I reset my adaptation.

Sorry AC2007, took me so long to take the screenshot(you asked me to post a screenshot in another thread somewhere). I just went to check SES light(O2 sensors are crapping out) in the car and got these shots while I was at it.

Here are the steps:

DME-> Reprogramming -> EWS-DME adaptations -> Yes -> Wait for a couple of seconds -> Done

Do I get $5 now? :4ngie:
This doesn't reset fuel trim adaptations, it just realigns the EWS with the DME.
I needed this feature after flashing my DME to EU2, since it wouldn't start due to security reasons (mismatching data between the two modules)

Thanks for the effort though :hi:

#22 ·
I believe that the 2006 lighting control module is capable of flashing the turn signals 3 times, for a momentary touch of the switch. Anybody know how to enable that feature? I can't find it in any of the screens. I think it can be done with NCSExpert, but that carries its own set of risks. Thanks...

#31 ·
The 2006 is able to do this but you will need NCS to enable it.

#32 ·
Sub'd

#38 ·
I'm trying to figure out to have my seat and mirrors automatically move to saved positions when the car is unlocked using the key remote.
The owners manual says that the car can be programmed to do this.

I have searched through all the PA Soft menus. I do not see this option.
Anybody know where it is, and how this is done? Maybe it is just missing in my version
(it seems there are lots of different versions of what people can do using the same software . . .)

Thanks

#42 ·
Did you get the driver installed for the cable??

What OS are you running? 32 or 64 bit?

You also need to have the cable installed in the ODB port to get the drivers to load as the chipset in the interface cable is powered from the car, not the USB port on the computer.

If you have anything other than Win XP, you may need to manually install the drivers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.