E46 Fanatics Forum banner

E46 M3 vs 335i E92

14K views 59 replies 19 participants last post by  OfficinePanerai 
#1 · (Edited)
I own a 2003 E46 M3 Vert SMG 88 000k's.

I've been offered a straight swap for a 335i Coupe 2008 with 100 000km's which my mate owns.

It's paddle shift, has bluetooth, gps etc. Front and rear sensors, no heated seats tho, has sunroof and memory seats etc.

What do you guys think?

Just a few questions i'm curious about

How does the 335i compare to the E46 M3 in power (straight line/track).
What about torque etc.
Reliability (engine/box etc)
And finally what would you guys do?

#47 ·
I was looking at a e46 m3 or a e92 335i, I ended up with the latter namely due to the more modern interior and roomier interior (I'm 6'7) and loved the fact that you can tweak a 335i to produce some decent power.

I also love the unassuming looks, and literally no-one knows whats under the hood for those who arent familiar with the 335i's (i have had a few 'nice 318' comments and is it a v6 or a v8 comments also)

Either way you cant go wrong, but from a financial point that 335i would be worth at least $50k which would be worth more then your m right?

#48 ·
Indeed the wolf in sheep's clothing, ill be making sure mine certainly looks the business when the time comes however, its not hard with an M sport, exhaust(quads/drool)/wheels/tune and if i cant get the interior exterior combo i want at my price range, ill wrap that sucker.

#52 ·
No worries at all, glad to hear it worked! Funnily enough I've not even had the problem, just passing on the info. One difference might be that I've taken every single Harman Kardon speaker out of my car and only have Dynaudio splits up front. Maybe the rear shelf HK speakers contribute to the rattle?

#53 · (Edited)
Does anyone know of any place upholsterer in melbourne. I really want to fix all these rattles.

And my driver's side central locking stuffed up yesterday..

The door locks but won't unlock. The passenger locks and unlocks so that's working, it's just the driver's side central locking.

#55 ·
Different tools for different jobs

One could be used for the other's purpose but OP has to decide which one is better suited to the job. Sounds like he wants to keep the M anyway. I know it would be hard for me to go back to a non M after owning one. It woud be hard for me to sacrifice my GTR and not get something of equivalent performance and rawness to replace it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.