E46 Fanatics Forum banner

BMW Business CD Issues - 2001 E46

8K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  joegr 
#1 ·
I'm having an issue with my BMW Business CD head unit.

This morning I was playing a CD and I wanted to switch it's track, however it would not switch. I tried both the steering wheel controls as well as the head-unit controls. I figured it was some obscure glitch so I turned off and on; went back to the CD mode and nothing happened.

It says 'TR' and RND as if it was in random playback mode (I've never set it to that), and nothing will work CD-related. I can't change the track (no number appears, only TR), nor can I eject the CD.

The radio works fine, as does the steering-wheel and head unit controls to change the stations; just nothing works with anything pertaining to CD functionality. I can't even eject the CD whilist the vehicle is off (if you hold the eject button down while the car is off it will eject the disc).

Does anyone have any insight as to why my CD player is behaving the way it is?

Thanks!

#6 · (Edited)
Mine does not take any CDs anymore. I cannot listen CDs. I dont know what is the issue . Is it a mechanical part broken or what. It does not make any sounds when you try to insert CD. It just like trying to stick CD in something where it not goes. Radio works but i can not listen this crap they have 5 songs the same 5 songs on all stations and they never change them . it is like having one CD and running it all year long. No wounder people are so stupid

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.