E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Maximum PSI - E46 M3 Turbo Teaser

173K views 623 replies 147 participants last post by  MachRc 
#1 ·
Maximum PSI E46 M3 turbo setup. Stock DME tuning...

We will be releasing more information soon.

http://vimeo.com/24278821

See less See more
#49 ·
competition benefits us consumers! Subscribed.

#50 ·
I just wanted to post up a few more specifics. As soon as the calibration is finalized we will release the kit to the public. The hardware is ready to go right now. Releasing the kit is our top priority.

Specs:
Comp Turbo oil-less triple bb Billet 67mm turbo
Steedspeed manifold
SS downpipe, wg pipe, mates to stock section 2
Electric or boost operated exhaust cutout optional
Factory DME tuned, functional CEL, Secondary air pump, etc.
Complete hardware and software package for DIY install.
No piggyback or standalone necessary! No scavenge pump! No tapping the oil pan for drain-back!

We are also a full fabrication shop, so other options will be a full street or race exhaust, in addition to a catted downpipe for those looking for a complete OBDII compliant system.

I am about to take the car for a nice road trip in a few hours so it is more than just a teaser. The factory clutch and flywheel make drivability great. With the stock exhaust the car is silent but deadly. I am going to add an e-cutout so I can have a nicer note on demand, yet fly under the radar when necessary

#53 ·
Price will be around 9k.

#63 ·
Good job guys, waiting to see the kit officially released soon :)

#85 ·
If it slips I'll upgrade the pp. So far it's holding nice in sunny Florida.

#86 ·
Who really cares about it anyways...if his oem clutch keeps failing over and over he'll learn the hard way. I know personally whenever I increase power over 20% than oem spec its smart to upgrade the clutch along with it...in addition it always depends on the driver and how they abuse the clutch...it is a wear item after all. Stop b!tching over who's clutch can do what anyways. I see no problem letting people use up the rest of the stock clutch life before an upgrade.

#88 ·
Hey mike if you guys can do highboost setting for built motor. Hpf2.5 were going to have to talk. You figure out the smg issue we had last time we dynoed?

I need to get née suspension, might have to check you guys out for that.
It's Mario with PY hpf car by the way.

#89 ·
This looks like a solid option, and is in the right company. Is NikG tuning this? :4ngie: :thumbsup:

I'm a HUGE fan of Mike as well and what he's done with his M3's at the 1/4 mile track, WR holder! Best of luck and success to you guys on this. :thumbsup:

#90 ·
jebezus this thread is getting so heated over a test setup.. Lets keep it on track please and dont kill each other over whos got more track times in or who is faster. lol adam, Hans device, you guys kill me.

Man this thread is gonna blow up(metaphorically)

#91 · (Edited)
Id take the turbo over the sc on the track, just look at the hpf car and Oscars m3, Oscar was getting fastest times of the day at all the events his car was going to.
Any boost at all has it's negative effects when compared to an NA build. That is a fact. I am interested in what you say though. PM me so this thread can stay on topic. What kind of events were these and what cars was he on the track with? If it was just normal events "not a race" then it doesn't mean much. I have seen stock 330i's out drive AMG's. It's huge on driver skill, not just the car.

#92 ·
no more personal attacks, next one gets a long vacation like im trying to stay on :nosmiley:

#93 ·
Most the people who beat on there hpf car barley post because threads go to sh1t.
I would like to do some track stuff. I'm a noob to that. So it would just be beginner stuff

Old highschool friends dad used to be BMW instructor. When I run into he always brings it up.

#94 · (Edited)
How about we don't compare ANY car. You just painted all 100+ HPF owners with one brush. Not everyone bought an M3 to be a hardcore track guy. You guys take these cars too seriously. An M3 is just another car. What you do with it is your issue.

That being said, I look forward to more FI options.
Couldn't have said it better myself :thumbsup: and for the 9k price, it should be grabbing EVERYONE'S attention!!!! The more options we have in the E46 community, the better of we all are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.