E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Watch out for eBay crap!!!

31K views 252 replies 82 participants last post by  wasp9166 
#1 ·
I spent $40 on an "OEM quality and fit" air cabin microfilter. A day after I installed it my service engine soon indicator came on, I was freaking out and went to Autozone to do a free diagnostic and code P1624 came on which is a "Pedal Position Sensor Potentiometer Supply Channel 1 Electrical" whatever the hell that is. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my car so I removed that ebay air cabin filter and the service engine soon indicator turned off. What a rip off! Waste of $40. On top of all that it didn't even fit right, when I removed the ebay airfilter the filter was all smashed. :censor:

#2 · (Edited)
You're kidding right?

A microfilter is not going to set off any sort of engine code. It has absolutely nothing to do with the engine code you threw. You had an electrical problem in your pedal system. The fact that it went off, is purely coincidental, and due to the fact that it was a one time occurrence.

1) You didn't even take the time to understand what the error code was, instead you just say "whatever that means".

2) Kinda funny your username is OEMguy, and you immediately make a completely unwarranted thread about "eBay crap" when it didn't have anything to do with your problem.

3) What kind of cabin filter are you buying for $40?

I smell fishyness.

#3 ·
You're kidding right?

A microfilter is not going to set off any sort of engine code. It has absolutely nothing to do with the engine code you threw. You had an electrical problem in your drive-by-wire system. The fact that it went off, is purely coincidental, and due to the fact that it was a one time occurrence.

1) You didn't even take the time to understand what the error code was, instead you just say "whatever that means".

2) Kinda funny your username is OEMguy, and you immediately make a completely unwarranted thread about "eBay crap" when it didn't have anything to do with your problem.

3) What kind of cabin filter are you buying for $40?

I smell fishyness.

Reading reviews of the P1624 problem, it is related to a thermostat, I have no problems with my thermostat. I paid $30 for the filter and $10 for shipping. And when I say eBay crap the auction states quality FIT, I had to jam the cover on the air filter, the thing was so light, it felt like it was made from some cheap chinese crap, not genuine German quality.

#5 ·
Betcha that code pops up again one day. When I was splicing wires for the SMG paddle shifters, the secondary air pump code came on same day. Obviously not related. A cabin air filter would never set off a code. Hell, you could take a dump in there and still have no code. I would not recommend that though....LOL:rofl:

#15 ·
sounds like that is the mistake here.
if not, then OP cabin air filter throwing codes could only be from messing with wiring around the filter.

#25 ·
That's funny how nobody wants to take my advice(remove microair filter for a couple of hours, then drive around for the day w/o one.) Anyone with a 99-01 E46 would get a service engine soon indicator. Prove me wrong. Oh, I'm sorry, you can't because you know I'm right. pwned

#38 ·
No, if you read above I stated I paid $30 for filter, $10 shipping, so technically I saved a whooping $0.69 on the airfilter. But it was a faulty chinese piece of crap, the plastic was about as cheap as a plastic spoon.:rolleyes:

#52 ·
lol, you think a "cabin" air filter is going to throw an engine code. Especially when the code was related to throttle control, now come on did you think at all before you came to this conclusion. By the way I ran without my microfilter entirely for a couple of weeks after I installed my supercharger and my car did not throw any codes. Damn now I know why I grenaded seccond gear in my tranny it was that damn ebay shift knob, lol.

#53 ·
the P1624 code that I received is from the 99-01 3 series, the P1624 code for an 02+ is different than a P1624 from a 99-01. So if you're driving an 02+ it probably wouldn't do anything if you drove without a microfilter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.