E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Watch out for eBay crap!!!

31K views 252 replies 82 participants last post by  wasp9166 
#1 ·
I spent $40 on an "OEM quality and fit" air cabin microfilter. A day after I installed it my service engine soon indicator came on, I was freaking out and went to Autozone to do a free diagnostic and code P1624 came on which is a "Pedal Position Sensor Potentiometer Supply Channel 1 Electrical" whatever the hell that is. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my car so I removed that ebay air cabin filter and the service engine soon indicator turned off. What a rip off! Waste of $40. On top of all that it didn't even fit right, when I removed the ebay airfilter the filter was all smashed. :censor:

#68 ·
Why do I need a mechanic? I just replaced my crapfilter from ebay with my old OEM microfilter. Everything is back to normal, no service engine indicators...very simple.

#74 ·
Nobody has the balls to remove their microfilter for a day because theyre afraid I'm right...doesn't suprise me.

#78 ·
Guys, you're really falling for the troll here now.
He thinks his one time experience makes him know more about our cars than we do after what?... EIGHT YEARS? Puleeze :rofl:

Congratulations on getting the attention you wanted, be happy/unhappy with your filter of choice, and stay in the illusion that it will throw a CEL. :hi:

#79 ·
Hey guys, sorry to threadjack but my problem may be related.

I was recently at a carwash with the company VW Passat, and they gave me a airfreshner. When I got home, I followed the DIY I found on here (thanks guys! :hi:), and put it on my rearvew mirror. Everything was going good and smellin fresh.

After about 150miles, the car had a missfire and my CEL light came on. :( Could this be because the airfreshner was intended for a VW and not my BMW? :bawling:

EDIT: forgot to add, its orange scented!

#80 ·
ok...i had a good time reading this post and laughing my @ss off.....i have removed the microfilter and drove around and guess what...no CEL but now my vcr at home doesn't work...can that be related....i have a 2001 330ci so based on your claims i should get a CEL or now you're gonna say that it's only for 323's...i've been working on cars for a few years and seen everything go wrong but never in my life something like this happened...i know tire pressure has something to do with engine code P123abc which i found out to be..get a clue

This post has been deleted
#94 ·
Well then me and my neighbor with the 00 323i are the only ones who seem to have the same problem with the microfilters.

#97 ·
Wow!

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.