E46 Fanatics Forum banner

7" dvd/gps

3K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  limpiabota809 
#1 ·
Now I posted this in the Barvarian Soundworx forum & one of the guys gave me some advice & a link to another thread which was like 91 pages :excited: & I managed to read through a hell of a lot of it. But I'd like to hear form any Aussies that have bought similiar or the same sort of unit & you thoughts, advice would be great :).

It's the only thing I want to do to our 318i Sport just to update the interior & be handy to have.

I found this one on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/D5113A-E...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1d921365

#9 · (Edited)
I'd be interested to hear opinions/experiences too. The Dynavin is too expensive for me to justify at the moment and this seems like a more viable option
Well from what I read in the Soundworx forum, from looking at both the copies websites & the Dynavin site, what has been said here BrownEye, buying anything else other than a Dynavin could well be the difference between having a simple plug & play unit or having an ongoing headache. Reading through that enormous thread there were some good reports on the copies, but then pages later the same people were then having issues. Many have stated that the support for the copies is not great, whereas the Dynavin at least you actually have a Distributor who is active on these forums & always willing to help out as well as he will tell you exactly what you need for what you want the unit to do.

#15 · (Edited)
Got a reply to my email. The forwarded to a company in South Aus, Tonkins, googling distributors here didn't come up with anything but looking at their site they don't actually have any reference to Dynavin, lots of other quite cool gear though.

Questions I asked, considering I was asking the NZ distributor:

Do you have the latest model D99+? Yes we have current model (out of stock till the 19/11/12)
2. Can you provide the Australian maps? Yes the unit comes with mapping
3. Which unit would be better suited to being used with a Samsung Galaxy 2? the unit runs a parrot b/t chip set so it will be compatible with 99 % of modern phones
4. What sort of cost would I be looking at for the unit & shipping? We can do the unit for $1699 & $0 for shipping can get from Tonkin***8217;s
5. Can you provide the E46 HVAC relocation bracket "individual row"? will check to see if mount bracket is with unit and will get back to you on Tuesday
6. Can you provide the flush mount USB? The usb cable we normal run to glove box or centre console so it doesn***8217;t look messy

$1699 sounds a bit steep to me. I'll keep looking.

http://www.tonkins.com.au/

#18 ·
pfft stop being a tight arse. Any decent head unit is gonna cost you in excess of 700-800. Dynavin for what it is, is over priced but it is better than the other head units like you have linked.
Your only other option if you do not want fitment and need a custom fascia, no android, no oem looks is to spend the same amount of cash on a kenwood/alpine/pioneer head unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.