E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Just ordered a Eonon D5150! (New version of Eonon D5113/Enco B146)

349K views 1K replies 165 participants last post by  eljay 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey I just order this bad boy, it was released like a week ago. Its a new version of the D5113/Enco B146 which are the same thing. Its seems like they have improved a lot of features such as actually having a useful ipod interface with playlist/artist/album options. The old one apparently just gave you one huge list. It also now dims the screen and turns on the button back lights when you switch on your headlights. The interface looks way smoother and less "crappy Chinese deck" than the last one. You can also change the color of the button backlights although im just going to leave it the OEM color. The power and volume labels on the face of the unit itself are straight now. For some reason the last ones were on an angle which just looked weird. It now has a physical home button rather than always having to touch the corner of the screen to go home. The icons on the home screen can now be re positioned so unused stuff like tv and aux can be at the end of the menu. The phone book seems to pull all your contacts nice and cleanly at once now rather than having to hit the update button a million times like on the old one. The usb and SD card interface looks nice and media oriented now, the last one just showed you a really old looking folder style view. The second SD card slot now says "GPS CARD" on it so its nice and clear that the slot is only for the nav software. Apparently there is a way to put pics on the GPS SD card and set them as your background (im definitely going to put a BMW related wallpaper). And of course, it now has a faster better processor than the last one for smoother more fluid operation.

As far as the distributor goes, Eonons website seems more legit than all the other Chinese distributors and they offer a 2 year warranty. I get the feeling that they will provide decent service and back their products. They shipped out the unit the next business day, they sent me tracking info and a link to register my unit for my warranty. The sales rep I was dealing with via email also said that there are pickup service centers in Canada in case I have an issue. Szenco, alibaba, and ali express look like the typical sketchy online shops that you will probably never hear from again once they get your money. In fact I messaged szenco about some technical questions about the b146 and they never replied. Good thing they didn't because Eonon replied fairly quickly and told me about the new D5150 which I got for $380 CDN shipped!

Heres the deck from Eonons site
http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/BMW/D5150.html

Video showcase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUUdkxF9TI0

Once i get everything up and running, ill do a formal video review for those who are interested. Ill also outline any tips I may have. I haven't ordered a line out converter yet which is usually needed with these decks due to double amplification with the HK amp. Im going to install it first and see how it is, then get one if I need it. Ill also be doing the back up camera later as well. First I just wanna get her installed and working and then continue from there.

See less See more
#825 ·
Has anyone tried the accessories usb on the back yet? I just want to know if I can hook up my Android phone to it and if it will charge it. I have a cheap $5 car charger that does absolutely nothing. Figured I have to go put $30 on real charger but would rather save my money if the usb on back works.

#830 ·
So.... Linx mentioned that the microphone does not work, he said its practically impossible for a caller to hear you unless you yell. So does this bother anyone else? How can you get a 300+ dollar unit and not have functioning bluetooth capabilities? How can you call? How was this overlooked? We're there not complaints from the previous enco unit.???? I was pretty set on buying this. But after this news, there's no fucking way I'm buying this.... Sucks. Someone please prove me wrong

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#832 ·
So.... Linx mentioned that the microphone does not work, he said its practically impossible for a caller to hear you unless you yell. So does this bother anyone else? How can you get a 300+ dollar unit and not have functioning bluetooth capabilities? How can you call? How was this overlooked? We're there not complaints from the previous enco unit.???? I was pretty set on buying this. But after this news, there's no ****ing way I'm buying this.... Sucks. Someone please prove me wrong

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
the bluetooth voice quality on my d5150 is fine, everybody I speak to seems to hear me ok with me just talking normally,it is a lot better than the d5113 it replaced,and my car is right hand drive,so in theory I am actually further away from the microphone than in a left hand drive vehicle:confused:

#846 ·
I too wondered why they had all those useless colour options when they only needed one,the bmw orange colour to match the panel light colour,and while I am at it,why all the different manufacturer logo options in a head unit that was designed to fit a bmw?,I mean its not as if you could stuff it in a Toyota or nissan could you?,i guess I will put it down to the fact they are chinese and think somewhat differently about these sort of things:(

#852 ·
OK so I encountered my first problem with the unit after its been installed exactly one week. I tested everything once hooked up and before finalization and all worked well. I tried a cd and dvd and they ejected with no problem. I left a cd in and iit's been there ever since. Last night my son wanted to watch a dvd while we were driving somewhere but my cd wouldn't eject. It sounded like it was coming up but not out. Then it would reset the cd back in the player. So this morning I took a look at it and noticed the dust shield where you insert the cd in was hanging down on the right side to the inside. I took a pair of needle nose pliers and slowly pulled it out. Now everything is working fine again. Tested the player (dvd and cd) and no problems. Now I doubt this is a problem with these units as I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem. The shield has notches that hook to the inside and it just seems two weren't hooked that well. Just an issue of quality control. Still love this unit.

#862 ·
Can anyone refer me to a site where I can get the tts and buildings? Apparently the one I went to isn't working for me. I loaded in both and I get neither buildings or tts. But the thing is when in nav I go to the help then info, it shows buildings version installed. Someone from another forum said if I live in a big congested city that it won't show buildings. I live in Los Angeles so maybe it's true, idk.

#864 ·
been lurking in this forum for a while , finally decided to pick one of these up after a year of bouncing back and forth on decision between the dynavin d99 and waiting for the avin to come out
seems like everything i need and for the price i had to pull the trigger. look forward to getting this in a week , will let you all know how the install goes and if i encounter any problems

#867 ·
So my canbus came and it didnt work, contacted eonon. Turns out I need the new power cable since some changes in the wiring have been done to the new power cables since the one unit I bought. Also I didnt have to pay eonon any money for a new can bus, but they did offer to ship it to me faster for $20 I declined and waited the 4 weeks as they stated, which I didnt mind. Also they didnt charge me for the power cable either which was slow shipped to me as well and I am still waiting on but its only been a week so far. Again I declined there faster method of shipping for $20. So all and all I only spent idk maybe $10 in shipping back the old canbus to them for the new. Im just hoping when I get the power cord it resolves the back up camera issue on my unit and my steering wheel functions work. I will let you all know. Seems they wired the new power cord with a spacific wire for the back up camera now with the new units. Does anyone know if the signal for that wire has to be +12 volts or negitive ground to trigger the cam to work? Trying to avoid wireing it to the place in the glove box that you guys posted. Was thinking of just running the wire from the reverse light signal straight to the backup cam wire at the deck.

#878 · (Edited)
URGENT #1: Does your Eonon unit has problems releasing the CD when ejecting? I put a CD to see if the functions worked (and it did), but it would not eject unless I slid a card in to help pull it out.

URGENT #2: How do you set up the GPS NAVI maping? When I press the "NAVI" button, a screen comes up asking to set the correct path on the GPS Micro SD card (It does not read automatically). I tried going through the folders and could not find any file or folder to relate. How do you even select the path for reading? (Do I hold down on the folder/file for a few secs or is there another way?)

URGENT #3: I'm a bit clueless where to splice the wires for my wireless reversing camera's receiver in the front dash. I'm guessing I would just have to drag the wiring behind the glove box where all the fuses and other slots are? I should be looking in my manual sometime today if not tomorrow to verify where the reverse taillight is.... (NOTE: I was able to splice the transmitter into the reverse tail light wire. Would this be the correct location in doing so? I have seen people splice a wire along the inner right side of the trunk [Near the battery] where you can find many wires wrapped among one another behind the gray covering.)

#879 ·
URGENT #1: Does your Eonon unit has problems releasing the CD when ejecting? I put a CD to see if the functions worked (and it did), but it would not eject unless I slid a card in to help pull it out.

URGENT #2: How do you set up the GPS NAVI maping? When I press the "NAVI" button, a screen comes up asking to set the correct path on the GPS Micro SD card. I tried going through the folders and could not find any file or folder to relate. How do you even select the path for reading? (Do I hold down on the folder/file for a few secs or just simple press the "NAVI" button)

URGENT #3: I'm a bit clueless where to splice the wires for my wireless reversing camera's receiver in the front dash. I'm guessing I would just have to drag the wiring behind the glove box where all the fuses and other slots are? I should be looking in my manual sometime today if not tomorrow to verify where the reverse taillight is.... (NOTE: I was able to splice the transmitter into the reverse tail light wire. Would this be the correct location in doing so? I have seen people splice a wire along the inner right side of the trunk [Near the battery] where you can find many wires wrapped among one another behind the gray covering.)

1: Did you remove the screws in the top of the unit? Mine ejects fine.

2: You need to have the Nagivation software on the GPS SD card and then point to the .exe file (primo.exe or whatever program you have).

3: I didn't install one

#880 · (Edited)
1: Did you remove the screws in the top of the unit? Mine ejects fine. I did remove the screws, I notice this happen to someone else on the forums, I forget who. The CD will not eject.

2: You need to have the Nagivation software on the GPS SD card and then point to the .exe file (primo.exe or whatever program you have). How do I get the software for the NAVI to work? What choices do I have from? Which is better?

#882 ·
Question regarding subwoofers... I have a single din Alpine unit in my car at the moment... can somebody run me through how I connect it to the Eonon... I notice I had 2 Single "Sub" outputs on the headunit, and then I think (from memory) there is a blue Sub wire that leads to nothing... I assume thats remote...

Please help!

#885 · (Edited)
Yes only subwoofer output 1 (7 - I believe). I do not know if that is supposed to be left and right or literally 2 different outputs for the sub. I tried them both with y splitter and with both rca in the seperate outputs and it sounded the same to me. And for the amp turn on I used the blue 23 wire.

the SW1 and SW2 I believe are steering wheel connections of some sort not Subwoofer.

Also, when you get all that hooked up, you need the enable the "LOUD" option in the audio menu. That is was actually feeds the signal to the amp to the subs. That alone took me like 3 hours to figure out and I thought my unit was no good. I initially cranked my amp up a lot and had the sub level at 14 but when I hooked up my ipod and listen to higher quality audio (as well as genres known to have more bass) I adjusted it accordingly and now its good to go.

I just need to punch out the middle part of my seat back (making my own ski pass door) as my 2001 m3 has fold down seat but no ski pass door.

#894 ·
silly question i fitted mine on weds and every time i turn it off it goes back to radio - is that bad can bus module? who's best to speak to as i see people have had changed?m also mine doesn't appear to have amber but a red which isn't too far away in colour - should there be amber too? and is there a firmware update to enable this? preferably the latest one?

#896 ·
Has anyone used the ELM327 wifi version and successfully run Torque? I have the Android system and dont want to put in a USB hub

#897 ·
I've seen a few people running software/firmware updates... Can Eonon open a new thread on the forum explaining -

- What the software does & if we should install it
- Where we can download
- Official Instructions for install

I'm finding it a bit difficult to follow this thread, and the group buy threads, and now the DIY Mic thread ha!!

One for Software updates would be very handy...

Just an idea??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.